Feeling Discouraged...

Feeling discouraged...This will be my 9th week watching carbs and calories and week 1-7 showed great weight loss (bout 2 lbs a week). Well last week I gained 1lb and this week I lost 1lb, I can't figure out what has changed. I am eating the same way I have since the beginning and drinking plenty of water…I feel sad :(

Replies

• BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    It's usual to have slowdowns or stops for a bit, a lot of people here seem to call them "plateaus". I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you'll get back to losing if you keep going, sometimes it just stalls :) Stay positive :D
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    That happends. Just stick with it and the weight loss will start again. Try not to weigh yourself too often, go more by the way your clothes fit. Good luck. You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • LizDHarris
    LizDHarris Posts: 42 Member
    That's happened to me a few times - I've made myself do something different either for exercise, a longer bike ride or a walk around a different part of town, or tried some new low cal recipes. Touch wood it has worked, but you must stick with it.
    Quitters never win, winners never quit!
  • lisaweaver3
    lisaweaver3 Posts: 29 Member
    Another thing is to double check your portion size. Sometimes we pay a little less attention to the portion sizes as we diet for long periods of time. You could also be building muscle, retaining water, etc. Hang in there-this will pass. Do not be discouraged. You've done a lot of hard work, so don'ts be derailed from a few bad weeks. Remember, this is a lifestyle-not a short term fix. Good luck!
  • Keep going!

I'm thankful that you brought this forward, we all have good days and bad, and some weeks are better than others. This reminds me that we all will go through this.

I asked one of the muscle bound knuckle dragging gorillas that I work with about this and he suggested that your body may be used to whatever your diet and workout scheme is... he said to shake it up and keep your body guessing.

Worth a try...
  • Thanks everybody...Your comments are very helpful!