Prevent Binges and Overeating.

Options
2»

Replies

• applechild
    Options
    my problem is that's more mental than physical.. it's not that I am hungry, but that I really feel as if mentally I'd need a serve per day of something unhealthy, especially in the evening.. I often can't resist some chips or cookies or icecream while watching tv or surfing.. I feel really like an urge..
    I often feel so uncontrollable and not adult at all having these superficial and unvolontary needs. :(

For me, it helps to prepare before hand in the afternoon healthy 'snacks'.. bowl of nuts, bowl of fruitsalad and such.. so if I have to urge, I don't sneak and peek in the fridge but have everything prepared.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    my problem is that's more mental than physical.. it's not that I am hungry, but that I really feel as if mentally I'd need a serve per day of something unhealthy, especially in the evening.. I often can't resist some chips or cookies or icecream while watching tv or surfing.. I feel really like an urge..
    I often feel so uncontrollable and not adult at all having these superficial and unvolontary needs. :(
    The mental barrier is usually more difficult to get over than the physical one. Just don't eat what you'll regret eating.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i used to do the water with lemon juice (which you can see, as i posted that above a while back), but found that just having tea helps too :) I've been experimenting with 3/4 glass of mineral or seltzer water mixed with 1/4 glass 100% grape juice...and my appetite disappears almost immediately this way (the other ways, not so much). ^^
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I binge, it's always because at that point, I WANT to. 99% of the time I regret it, and usually feel sick. But even that's never enough to stop me doing it again. I'm much better now, and usually if I binge it's on 'healthy' stuff (fruit, low calorie stuff) because that's all that's in the house.
  • annmrie
    Options
    bump
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options

I have never heard of a person who has binged on broccoli and celery. But you made a very good point about gaining weight on healthy food.
    I've seen people binge on potatoes and even avocados.
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options

This is often my problem too. On weekdays I have little to no trouble sticking with any plan I set myself because there simply isn't more time to eat. With 10 hours of work a day plus over an hour commute each way I can't think of anything but just eating what I've already planned. It's the weekends that are my undoing, when my SO is eating terribly and I'm suddenly not busy with a hundred things at work to keep me occupied and thoughts off of food. So when I hear "If I go buy McDonalds will you split it with me?" it's soooo much harder to reach for that planned apple instead, even if I'm not hungry now I'm THINKING about wanting that and it HAS been a while since I had my favorite ice cream, I really do need it!
  • Bluestar083
    Options
    This is often my problem too. On weekdays I have little to no trouble sticking with any plan I set myself because there simply isn't more time to eat. With 10 hours of work a day plus over an hour commute each way I can't think of anything but just eating what I've already planned. It's the weekends that are my undoing, when my SO is eating terribly and I'm suddenly not busy with a hundred things at work to keep me occupied and thoughts off of food. So when I hear "If I go buy McDonalds will you split it with me?" it's soooo much harder to reach for that planned apple instead, even if I'm not hungry now I'm THINKING about wanting that and it HAS been a while since I had my favorite ice cream, I really do need it!
    Yup me too. I can eat healthy Mon-Fri but then come the weekend I can slip up and eat too much. Not really a binge but def eating when i am not hungry and not always healthy food either.