Skin Removal Surgery!!

Options
Rogalina16
Rogalina16 Posts: 71 Member
edited February 2020 in Success Stories
So after a loss of almost 60kg and 2 major skin removal surgeries as well as a minor touch up surgery my journey is pretty much complete! If anyone is about to embark on any skin removal surgeries feel free to add me or msg me.

Thankyou to these community pages and people for keeping me on track. Now I will continue to make health a priority and instead of losing weight shift my focus and staying healthy whilst also doing some toning!!
yl826ujqbyfj.jpg

[edited by MFP Mods]

Replies

• VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - you look great!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You look great! Any idea how much did your extra skin weigh? I have lost 45 kg so far and my body is starting to wobble about a bit. Now at least I can say: "It's not the fat, it's all that extra skin..." :)
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Despite losing around 17 stone (108 kg) a lot of my loose skin still seems to have plenty of fat attached, rather than being the sort of folds/drapes I'd imagined. Would that impede removal, do you think?
  • MrAcavano
    MrAcavano Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!!!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Despite losing around 17 stone (108 kg) a lot of my loose skin still seems to have plenty of fat attached, rather than being the sort of folds/drapes I'd imagined. Would that impede removal, do you think?

I think you could have it looked at by a doctor to see. I was just watching Jordan Shrinks talk about her experience with skin removal surgery, and she mentioned that she felt her loose skin was more just fat too, but she was able to have surgery to remove it. There's videos of it, so you could potentially compare.

https://youtu.be/O6tK-rMQSMY?t=724
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

It is subcutaneous fat. It should come off just fine. Sometimes when they are doing the skin removal a certain amount of lipo is needed too to shape the end result because, as you know, we tend to not lose weight symmetrically.

If you think this is in your future you should go ahead and do a free consult with a plastic surgeon. It is best to know what will be involved.

• KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    WOW girl !
    You are an inspiration !!!!
    Congratulations on your Hard Work and achieving this healthy Life of yours.

Bravo and hugs :)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!

My husband had skin removal surgery and they removed quite a bit of fat at the same time. It would probably be fine.
  • Siberian2590
    Siberian2590 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What experience did you have getting your health insurance to pay for the surgery? I'm down 38 pounds, with 20 more to go, and since I'm in my late 60s, I don't think my loose skin on my belly is going to go away on its own.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    What experience did you have getting your health insurance to pay for the surgery? I'm down 38 pounds, with 20 more to go, and since I'm in my late 60s, I don't think my loose skin on my belly is going to go away on its own.

I think a lot of it depends on where you live. I was able to get my panniculectomy covered no problem. Didn't even have to use personal health insurance.
  • adnama131313
    adnama131313 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You all seem to be speaking about belly skin. What about that unsightly upper arm redundancy and even the innter thighs? Ugh!

Also, can any of you give price experiences?
    Lastly, is there a minimum weight loss to qualify for insurance overage? I'm losing 20 lbs and in my late 60s, I can see there's going to be a skin problem. (The facial skin, especially chin, I know I'll have to take care of out of pocket).
  • Rogalina16
    Options

Hey sorry for late reply! I still had a little fat near the excess skin so they performed liposuction. It just depends on how much fat I think
  • Rogalina16
    Options
    You look great! Any idea how much did your extra skin weigh? I have lost 45 kg so far and my body is starting to wobble about a bit. Now at least I can say: "It's not the fat, it's all that extra skin..." :)

Sorry for the late reply, I only had about 6 kgs of excess skin for the upper body incl arms. I haven't had my thighs done yet :-)
  • Rogalina16
    Options

Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't getting these notifications!! Health insurance only paid for the hospital stay. I had to pay the surgeon out of pocket.
  • Rogalina16
    edited February 2020
    Options
    You all seem to be speaking about belly skin. What about that unsightly upper arm redundancy and even the innter thighs? Ugh!

Also, can any of you give price experiences?
    Lastly, is there a minimum weight loss to qualify for insurance overage? I'm losing 20 lbs and in my late 60s, I can see there's going to be a skin problem. (The facial skin, especially chin, I know I'll have to take care of out of pocket).

Sorry for the late reply as well! I had my arms done as well as a breast lift and my stomach done. I'm yet to get my thighs done as I need to save a bit more money. I'm in Australia and health insurance only covered the hospital stay. I had to pay surgeon out of pocket. They generally ask you to be close to the healthy weight range for surgery and you need to have maintained the weight loss for 12 months or so.
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What was recovery time like? Did you have it done in two stages?
  • Rogalina16
    Options
    What was recovery time like? Did you have it done in two stages?

Yes I had my arms and breasts lift done first and then a tummy tuck. Both were about 4 weeks until I could work but 8 weeks until I was fully back to normal and work out out properly etc
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!