about cheese sticks

Options
i tend to eat a lot of dairy since i am always on the go and i was wondering if there is certain brands better than other as far as cheese sticks go?

Replies

• Yarrum84
    Yarrum84 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    No idea, but if you go to the Food Tab, and then go to 'Database' you can just type in 'cheese sticks' and each one you click will tell you the nutrition value :)

HTH
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Next time you're in the grocery store, just look at the labels. The light versions are better in fat and calories, but not by a lot. I look at the sodium count.
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    sargento light mozzarella. 50 cals each
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Sargento reduced sodium are my favorite. They're only 10 calories more than the "light" ones, they taste better (IMO), and have less sodium.
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the little cheese "snack packs" made by Cabot (which is a local Vermont brand, but I know for a fact they have it down at least as far south as North Carolina!). I get the 50% light ones, they're I think 50 calories and 3/4 of an ounce. And individually wrapped for on the go, and always fresh because of this! Those are my favorite!
  • AtwaterD
    Options
    I know it's not a stick, but the laughing cow light cheese wedges are great. The chipolte queso fresco is my favorite, weighing in at 35 calories. They have lots of flavors ...
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    the light cheese sticks are gross in my opinion - it's not one of those lower cal foods that is good. I would go for whatever one sounds the best to you - after all, it's a controlled portion size, so it's not like you're going to end up eating a whole block of cheese.