It's girl scout cookie time

glassyo
glassyo Posts: 7,569 Member
Discuss.

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    If a Girl Scout rings my doorbell, I shall purchase two boxes of Thin Mints. No Samoas or Tagalongs this year.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Love them but never buy them anymore. I cannot tell you how many boxes I bought over the years and devoured myself. :( They used to carry shortbread cookies covered in chocolate, those were my favorites.
    Honestly, I can't think of any GS cookie I dislike. :blush: Kinda glad they're so expensive and I don't know anyone who sells them anymore.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    If a Girl Scout rings my doorbell, I shall purchase two boxes of Thin Mints. No Samoas or Tagalongs this year.

Already rethinking the Samoas. Maybe one box.

I should say that it's unlikely a Girl Scout WILL ring my doorbell. Previous years I've bought from a co-worker, but that is no longer applicable. ;)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Love them but never buy them anymore. I cannot tell you how many boxes I bought over the years and devoured myself. :( They used to carry shortbread cookies covered in chocolate, those were my favorites.
    Honestly, I can't think of any GS cookie I dislike. :blush: Kinda glad they're so expensive and I don't know anyone who sells them anymore.

Here, they have the girls set up booths at different locations (retailers like grocery stores) and they sell them throughout the cookie selling season. It’s a good cause, so I usually buy some.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I buy one box in every flavor for the house. I'm personally not a huge fan of sweets.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    I love the lemon, thin mints, and tag along. I always buy a bunch, but I usually don’t get to eat nearly as many as I want/plan to. My family are like locusts. I’ve started hoarding snacks in my desk at work in order to get anything lol.
  • Chef_Barbell
    panda4153 wrote: »
    I love the lemon, thin mints, and tag along. I always buy a bunch, but I usually don’t get to eat nearly as many as I want/plan to. My family are like locusts. I’ve started hoarding snacks in my desk at work in order to get anything lol.

I laughed far too hard at this extremely relatable statement! :laugh:
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    In Canada the thin mints are only in the fall. This time of year it's only the classics of vanilla and chocolate.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I didn't order any for the first time in years. Samoas are my JAM!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    And you just reminded me that I have been meaning to get some cash to keep at home for fundraisers like this. Every year, these poor girls on my street come to my house for fundraisers and I never have cash.

Anyway - I will buy 2 boxes of thin mints and 2 boxes of samoas.
  • Chef_Barbell
    puffbrat wrote: »
    And you just reminded me that I have been meaning to get some cash to keep at home for fundraisers like this. Every year, these poor girls on my street come to my house for fundraisers and I never have cash.

Those girls around here are fancy! I passed one of those tables they set up and realized I didn't have cash on me, and the little Daisy scout said "oh we take credit cards"... I couldn't say no after that :laugh:
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    puffbrat wrote: »

Those girls around here are fancy! I passed one of those tables they set up and realized I didn't have cash on me, and the little Daisy scout said "oh we take credit cards"... I couldn't say no after that :laugh:

That's fancy and cunning!
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,264 Member
    I don't know anyone who sells them either anymore. My favorites were the Savanaha's (I don't think they are called that anymore). I loved the crunchy cookie.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    I always just hand them money as a donation. Buying the cookies isn't required.

I generally do this when anyone is selling something as a fundraiser.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    They are not the greatest cookies in the world, but it's a nostalgia thing for me since I was a Brownie (never made it to Girl Scouts).

I already ordered some Thin Mints, Tagalongs, and Trefoils. I don't like coconut, so Samoas have always been a hard no for me.

Pro Tip: Freeze the thin mints, then chop them up and mix in with vanilla ice cream.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I hate GS cookies. I dread being put on the spot to buy any of them.

You can buy a box and have it shipped to soldiers overseas. I find that's a great option sometimes.

I guess I could replace the cookies inside with something edible too.