Weight loss no jumping workouts?

Options
I live in a trailer so I can't do any jumping or else it ya know shakes the house and can wake up others since I workout in the evening and early am. Does anyone have any really good exercises I can do help me lose belly fat. I do am Lucy Read workouts and in the evening I do a workout routine of my own. I know I'm progressing but it's more toward my legs and arms. So im looking for one that hits the stomach areas thank you!!!

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    There is no way to target body parts for fat reduction; it comes off where and when it comes off:

v1rcqh72tbhx.jpg

But you can strengthen your stomach muscles without jumping around. Try deadbugs and planks. Less common, there's something called a "deep abs ball transfer". I'll try to describe it, though pictures would be better:
    1. Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat on the floor, hands stretched out behind your head, holding a ball (weighted or unweighted) between your palms.
    2. Tense your abs, raise the ball between your hands and raise your legs, still keeping knees bent.
    3. Pass the ball from between your hands to between your knees.
    4. Bring feet and hands back to floor (original position, except ball is now between your knees).
    5. Pause briefly, then bring legs and arms back up, pass the ball back to your hands and return to start. This is one rep.

The book I got it out of suggested 5 reps to start with, then 10, then 15. I'm currently using a 17lb slam ball, but I started with a 7" unweighted beach ball.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight without exercising at all (google the Twinkie diet - not that I'd ever recommend eating just Twinkies) exercise is for health and fitness and as estherdragonbat correctly pointed out our body decides where the fat disappears from (for me it was arms & face first). Just be patient and maintain a consistent caloric deficit and you'll lose fat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I live in a trailer so I can't do any jumping or else it ya know shakes the house and can wake up others since I workout in the evening and early am. Does anyone have any really good exercises I can do help me lose belly fat. I do am Lucy Read workouts and in the evening I do a workout routine of my own. I know I'm progressing but it's more toward my legs and arms. So im looking for one that hits the stomach areas thank you!!!

You can't spot reduce fat with any specific exercise. You just have to continue to lose weight. For many people, the midsection is primary fat stores and a first on, last off proposition. A lot of people tend to lose in their extremities and limbs first...then like neck, face, etc. The stomach is very often the last to go.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    You can control your weight and get into better shape without spending lots of $$.

First: get control of your diet. Prepare your own food as much as possible. Try to eliminate prepared foods. This can even save you money.

Second, take up walking or running outdoors. (I hope you live in a safe area. I am sorry that it is not safe everywhere! It is safer to walk with a friend.) If you want to improve your core, do core exercises. All you need is a section of floor the size of your body for that. You can work other parts of your body with floor exercises and resistance bands. (Or milk jugs full of water. There are lots of routines on YouTube. Look for the PopSugar fitness channel.)

I wish you the very best and hope for your success!
  • Betty85JeanGirl
    Betty85JeanGirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to wish you good luck. :)