Exercise with Wind blowing (FAN , AC) or without it is bette

Options
Since long i have wondered, does it matter and effect if we exercise with no wind blowing in the area, like a fan or an AC, or is it better to switch it on.

Which is better in contrast to the other?

thanks..

Replies

• MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump.

we're still sweating, it's just drying up faster right?
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    uh, i dont think it matters.
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I don't see why a breeze would have a negative effect on exercise... Where I live (southern Japan, 35c and 90%+ humidity), no a/c = no exercise for me!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    it doesnt matter however you might catch a cold with an AC
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I run outside, so to increase the flow of air, I have to run faster and that definitely affects my exercise!
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Cold air and the common cold have nothing to do with each other except for the unfortunate sharing of the same word.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

Only if there's a virus in the AC system.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options

Colds are caused by viruses, not temperature.

But, yeah, OP, sweating does nothing for weight loss. It's just a byproduct of exercise. You gain that weight back as soon as you take a sip of H2O. Work out comfortably when possible. :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

Only if there's a virus in the AC system.

I think my AC has arthritis.
  • berthial
    berthial Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have to have either the ceiling fan or the ac on. I sweat a lot. I can't stand to sweat. It runs down into my eyes and it burns a lot. Without a fan or ac, I would not be exercising at all. At least not indoors. I have a treadmill sitting next to my sliding glass door and I also have that open. Only problem with ac is I have alergies so I have to be careful.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Colds are caused by magic and pixies.

Agreed.
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    I turn a fan on. I have found that the air keeps me more comfortable and that helps me to exercise longer.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    sometimes i get cold when i have one by me because it makes the sweat on my skin cold!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    we are on about outside wind right......:devil:
  • frannyannemum
    Options
    we are on about outside wind right......:devil:

lol :laugh:

If I am doing cardio (at home) I am normally downstairs. If I am doing strength training, I am upstairs in the bedroom with the fan on. I personally find it better attempting strength with the fan on, for some reason, staying cooler gives me more energy :indifferent:
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    i have a fan on while im working out. I did read somewhere though that if u overheat u wont last as long.x
  • ultraman123
    Options
    Thanks to all the peeps in here.. reply much appreciated.. i think i am going to stick with working out without any wind,