Live Like You're Dying

Options
Good morning my gorgeous darlins! I was driving to work today and heard the song “Live Like You're Dying” by Tim McGraw and it got me to thinking… Today has to be the day my loves. Whatever is hurting you, whatever is holding you back you have to let go. Embrace the positive. There are those who will sludge through misery, be bogged down by real and imagined offences, and bath in negativity, but you don’t have to be one of those. Grab onto love, and live everyday to the fullest! Reach for the stars my darlings! You were created to be victorious. You were created to be a warrior. Grab your dreams. Smash your goals because you are worthy. You are special as you are, but you are an ever changing masterpiece and you can achieve whatever your heart desires. And my darlings you are gorgeous, sexy, hot and just plain stunning. You are beautiful beyond description and you are a winner. I am not asking for your friendship or you to like me. I am not asking anything at all from you, but that you see you as I do… A capable, elegant, gorgeous, sexy, sweet, intelligent, funny, perfect but ever changing master-piece.
Loving & Cherishing you,
A Texas cowboy

Replies

• pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Have a great day Ed. Always appreciate your positive posts.

God bless,

Paul
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thank-you SoldierDad!

Just what I needed to hear today:)
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    NOw that was an awesome way to begin my Friday!!!! Thank you so much for those words!!!!!!!! SOrry to say if this is your way of thinking, you may be gaining another MFP Friend, if you'll have me!
  • irisbear
    Options
    Great post with perfect timing - Thanks for sharing!
    D
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Love that song soooo much, such a beautiful song :)
  • Tinks2007
    Tinks2007 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What a lovely post :smile:
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've read a few of your posts recently, really inspiring and lovely comments

:flowerforyou:
  • breen1ka
    Options
    I always look forward to your posts! This one came at such a good time! Thank you.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I first heard that song when I was pregnant, and a disaster of emotions. Had to pull over while I was driving because I was crying. I thought I was so silly at the time. And despite not being pregnant anymore, when I do hear it now, it's still makes me tear up a bit.

I happened to hear it about a week ago, right after we found out my dad has stage 3c colon cancer. It's likely he is dying. Song has a much different meaning to me now.
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    I am not asking for your friendship or you to like me. I am not asking anything at all from you…

You may not be asking, Cowboy, but you're getting it anyway. I am proud to call you my friend! Your posts are always a highlight in my day. Sending hugs and love your way!

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
    Dorrie
  • TammyLanham
    TammyLanham Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am not asking for your friendship or you to like me. I am not asking anything at all from you…

You may not be asking, Cowboy, but you're getting it anyway. I am proud to call you my friend! Your posts are always a highlight in my day. Sending hugs and love your way!

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
    Dorrie

I second that! Always a blessing to hear from you!
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    Thanks Ed! Love ya!!!
    Nicole
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Oh Ed you inspirational little Texan you make this Aussie smile. Second post by you I have read and both have hit just the right spot I was trying desperately to hide from myself. Thanks a bundle darlin. Hope you have a nice day/whatever time it is there
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    just what i needed at this moment, thanks :)
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched:
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Very well written! I agree and need to remember this. I think I will print this out to be honest!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow what a really lovely post. Positive people like you are special!
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I really needed this. I've been at my wits end dealing alone with two cranky sick little boys alone since my husband left for the weekend to help out his critically ill elderly parents. But your post made me remember this song and it's helping my attitude change. Instead of being upset at the situation I can rejoice in the fact that I have 2 amazing little boys. I'd rather have them sick & cranky than not at all.
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Back at ya babe!!!! :)
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So true... Have a great day.