Female aspiring competitors

Options
Hey ladies it's hard for us to get support for lifting all this heavy weight lmao! Let's support each other and do the very best we can and achieving our goals whether we're competing on stage or not. Let me be your support system and now I will be yours!

Replies

• magpye76
    magpye76 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have my first competition on saturday! not on stage or anything, an internal gym comp, loosely crossfit type format. I've recently been noticing some real strength gains so I'm hoping I dont disgrace myself or let down my team.. or hurt myself! I'm very nervous but also excited to see how I measure up! I've sent you a FR :)
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I personally have zero competitive spirit, but I admire you ladies who do so much! Good luck in your competition on Saturday @magpye76 - that sounds like an awesome event!
  • magpye76
    magpye76 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @jeagogo!
    Actually bricking it now, the promised easy class this morning was hard work, even though I scaled it down, and I'm finding it difficult to eat... I'm just excited, I keep telling myself 😬
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    mwrfitboss wrote: »
    love this thread as I like seeing woman take charge of their strength and muscle building goals and needs and learn to enjoy it and not be afraid to lift hard and heavy. if more did this, more would see lasting results too. good luck to all the woman taking to lifting weights and resistance training.

We aren’t afraid to lift hard or heavy. I doubt you would have posted this comment on a thread about men’s body building.

Anyway I’m not competing. Yet. I have some emotional and behavioural issues around food that I thought I had put to bed and that I need to work on. I do love lifting though. In the distant future I would like to compete but it’s not even there as a goal at the moment.
  • Twomirrors
    Twomirrors Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi heavy lifters! I'm aiming for 10x 135 on the bench this winter. Just got 135 1RM two weeks ago. Not a competitor, but always looking for strong womyn to support and grow with. Happy lifting!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    love this thread as I like seeing woman take charge of their strength and muscle building goals and needs and learn to enjoy it and not be afraid to lift hard and heavy. if more did this, more would see lasting results too. good luck to all the woman taking to lifting weights and resistance training.

We aren’t afraid to lift hard or heavy. I doubt you would have posted this comment on a thread about men’s body building.

Anyway I’m not competing. Yet. I have some emotional and behavioural issues around food that I thought I had put to bed and that I need to work on. I do love lifting though. In the distant future I would like to compete but it’s not even there as a goal at the moment.

He was trying to be supportive and encouraging. Just saying...
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »

He was trying to be supportive and encouraging. Just saying...

That's the way I read it too - I didn't take it as a slight against women.