Just read the 700 calories a day thread......

Options
well the first post anyway :smile:

OMG That's me!

Struggling to hit my daily goals - my net calories today are 914 with 586 remaining :noway: it's 22:19 here in the UK and I am stuffed.

Gutted today that the solitary 1lb I lost last week I have gained this week. It really was so disheartening. After reading the 700 calorie post and a very helpful message earlier I can now see why.

After reading many threads on here I also think my opting for sedentary was not the right choice even though I basically have a desk job at home. I walk a minimum of 3km everyday, hump and dump boxes, lift, stretch and bend and go upstairs to the loo at least 4 dozen times a day thanks to my increased fluid intake :laugh:

I have cut out red meat, cheese and dairy. I have cut down from 12+ caffeine drinks (mainly diet coke) to one cup of coffee a day and I have also stopped smoking. That was following a visit to the emergency room with suspected heart attack.

So peeps how do I up my calories without feeling like a bloated, uncomfortable beached whale? (which is how I have felt everyday since eating regular meals)

Replies

• stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    cook some foods in extra virgin olive oil
    eat nuts (almonds) high in cal and they are good fats
    avacado its good on most anything
  • kardeamad
    Options
    cook some foods in extra virgin olive oil
    I dry fry everything but found, after much testing, that veg baked in a herbed olive oil mix is rather tasty :)

I shall try it with some pan fried foods.
    eat nuts (almonds) high in cal and they are good fats

Hmm perhaps add a handful to my oats in the morning :smile:
    avacado its good on most anything
    Never tried avacado - spent years thinking it was the devils food that went straight to your hips

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • kardeamad
    Options
    bump
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat little and often I stay just under my calorie intake but never feel stuffed at all, lots of salads and soups :D
  • Yellowlass
    Options
    Have a glass of apple juice, thats great for boosting calories up a bit, also bagels are high calories, I have one every morning for brekkie, also try low fat yoghurt as a desert I buy the Shape Delights, hope that helps x
  • Emma1903
    Options
    If you are struggling with calories then eat full fat item not low fat diet options. Eat nuts, avocados and remember you don't have to cook with oil you can put it on salads too. Also oily fish like salmon is great.
    Can I ask why you have cut out red meat and dairy?
    Apple juice is just full of sugar I wouldn't bother with it.
  • kardeamad
    Options
    I have never eaten fruit and veg before - I don't like the taste or texture of most of it, never have done. There are absolutely no salad items I like - I would rather chew on a blade of grass.

Just got into onion if it is very finely diced and very slowly fried before adding to any foods/sauces etc. Will now eat passata for sauces.

I have found some veg I like and try at least 2 new items a week. Hard going but as I have also stopped smoking I plan to revisit the 'oh my god that is awful' stuff in a couple of months or so.

The fruit I like is high in sugar so have been advised to only eat 2 portions and 1 small glass of juice a day - told I was looking at swapping a heart attack for diabetes :ohwell:

Red meat and dairy been cut out due to suspected heart attack (I have unstable angina). The only dairy I did eat prior was cheese and very, very occasionally I used to have milk with cereal. Red meat I adore and would be happy to live as a carnivore :laugh:

I seem to have cut out everything in one foul swoop but the only things I miss are the lamb and beef steaks, which we never had often anyway.

I also don't like fish - or rather the smell of fish. I have never got far enough to hold my nose and put it in my mouth. I do however have some bass in the freezer that at some point I may try.

Faddy eater, trying to change but boy it is hard going.