Simple Diet Plan

Options
I have been on this weight loss journey off and on many times. I got discouraged because I saw such poor results. But for me I think I have this figured out. In the past I was trying all these "low calorie" recipes with baking, soups, stews having multiple ingredients and multiple servings. Converting 6 servings to 1 probably had some severe pitfalls as far as accurate calorie counting while being overly complicated. Bottom line is I think I was grossly miscalculating daily calories even though I was weighing everything. Then I saw the 3 Day Cleveland Clinic 1200 calorie Diet Plan which is a very easy, simple, straightforward plan for single servings with no multiple serving recipes. All you do is cook, weigh and eat. An example is:

Breakfast: 2 large eggs, 2 slices whole wheat toast, 1T Olive oil spread
Lunch: 2 slices whole grain bread, 3 oz. tuna in water, 1 slice low fat cheese, 1 T low fat mayo
Dinner: 4 oz grilled chicken breast, 1 medium baked potato, 1-1/2 cups green beens
Snack: 1 cup skim milk, 1 medium apple

I measure, weigh all of the above and tailor to my daily calorie count. I am happy with my 7 lb weight loss of in 3 weeks and feel much more confident in my food log. Finally I feel like I am on a path to success. No more recipes recipes for 4-6 servings! And it is fast with easy meal prep. Probably not to everyone's liking but thought I would throw it out there as a tip/suggestion.

Replies

• unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It might be worth working some more veggies into the plan (mini cucumber or two for a snack, celery sticks with lunch, etc) to fill out nutritional needs, but if it’s working and you’re satisfied/can maintain it, that’s great! Sounds like it gives you plenty of wiggle room for holidays & special occassions. :)
  • nationalvillage3215
    Options
    Yes, I adjust/changeup the veggies, fruit, protein and portion sizes for variety and to reach my 1200 cal/per day. Now I am no longer tempted for just "a little bit" more of a 4-6 serving size recipe.