Stay with fitbit or no

Options
I have had my Fitbit versa for 2 years now and I believe it has broken I'm taking it in to have it looked at later . My question is if it is not fixable should I get another fitbit ? The same one or a different one ? Or what other devices do you recommend? TIA

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    What are your goals for using a tracker: Just calories, or do you want it to track specific workout activities, or have other features? Do you have social connections with a particular device, like friends who compete on steps? Do you care if it's petite/ jewelry-like? What's your budget? Etc.
  • s_rivera_92
    s_rivera_92 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've had my fitbit a year and have only used it 5 months and have had so many issues with it. I've noticed a lot of people in this community reccomend Garmin. I'd consider looking into their line of fitness trackers if your fitbit is unable to be fixed. They are a little pricey, but that's what I intend on doing myself in a few months. :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Well shoot, I just ordered a Fitbit Versa! In posts it's the most recommended one. Sam's Club has it $50 off right now through the end of next week if you decide to get another one.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Depends on what Google does moving forward. For now I am happy enough with the charge line (using charge 3) as I view watches as 2 (max 3) year life span and I don't use any Smartwatch features due to always having phone on me.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Depends on what Google does moving forward. For now I am happy enough with the charge line (using charge 3) as I view watches as 2 (max 3) year life span and I don't use any Smartwatch features due to always having phone on me.

Agreed here... I'm happy with my Versa for now.
  • sdavis484
    sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Consumer reports recently did an article on activity trackers, number one a Garmin runners watch but the higher end Fitbits were the next most accurate
  • sdavis484
    sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I was wrong. The info was from the CR 2019 buying guide. Also, Fitbit was number 1. Here's a pic..... m931zdjgbsyk.jpg
  • unstableunicorn
    unstableunicorn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Personal experience, I upgraded to Fitbit’s inspire hr in august and have been pretty happy with it. About the only problem I’ve had with it is that about once a month the screen will blackout and needs to be reset on the charger in order to get it functioning again. Data isn't lost though, and the heart rate tracker has been helpful addition to monitoring for seizure activity when I’m asleep.

When it comes time to replace this one, I might consider an Apple watch because I’m happy with their products and I would like to get my services under one umbrella, but if I’m not confident in the available models I’ll likely stick with Fitbit.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    My husband did a lot of research as he wanted to upgrade his apple watch, he settled on the versa and loves it, he mainly tracks steps and swimming. I have a charge 3 and really like it, I track steps and workouts and it seems to do that well, it doesn't track swimming accurately though.
    A lot of people seem to prefer Garmin for running as fitbit doesn't have gps, but you could use it with mapmyrun.

Get the one that will give you the best data for what you want to track.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I am currently switching from the ALta HR fitbit to the Apple Watch series 5. I love the Apple watch but it does NOT synchronize with MFP as accurately as the fitbit does. It is a lot more accurate for me from a TDEE standpoint. It does not hold a charge and you have to use another APP to track sleep. Overall if I was looking to lose weight and have a fitness tracker I would stick with Fitbit (even if the Google thing eventually hoses them up). I have been in maintenance for almost 2.5 yrs and the Apple watch will suit my needs to a t now. I love running without having to carry a phone along with all the other "pluses" of a fully functional watch on my wrist.