Need Advice

Options
lsrod0424
lsrod0424 Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2020 in Getting Started
Hello, I start tomorrow but the app its starting me with 2,200 calories per day....isnt that to many calories for weightloss?

Replies

• foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,613 Member
    Options
    MFP takes into account many different stats to calculate your weight loss calorie count. Your current weight, height, age, gender, how active you are etc. So if you are male, tall, more overweight, young and active - your count would be higher. But if you are shorter, weigh less, female, older and inactive your count would be less. It's different, of course for each person. Make sure you didn't make any mistakes when you entered your stats.
  • Kitty121964
    Kitty121964 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found in my settings it depends on how many lbs per week you want to lose that you set it on and it will adjust the calories as well
  • Kitty121964
    Kitty121964 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Settings, profile, goals, weekly weight loss goal.
    The more per week you say you want to lose, the fewer your calorie allowance.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Whether or not it's appropriate for you depends on your current height, weight, gender, and activity levels (daily activity, not exercise, that's considered separately). You could use a TDEE calculator to get a general idea of where you are right now, but my experience MFP is pretty good for it's numbers, assuming you input your information correctly.