Best digital media platform?

Options
tmac68w
tmac68w Posts: 19 Member
What digital media platform do you like most, netflix, hulu, disney+, amazon prime....and why?

Replies

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options
    I have three digital subscriptions:

Amazon Prime: Digital media and audio streaming, along with free shipping for millions of items? What's not to like?

Disney+: I signed up for it before it went live. Good for Marvel, Fox, Disney and others. Sucks though that they pulled content from other platforms. But, eh, I get it

NBC Sports Gold: Supercross/Motocross streaming package. Annual price is what I used to have to pay monthly for cable in order to watch the races.

I used to have Netflix back before HD. But, switched to Prime because they had HD before netflix and more importantly due to shipping. Both Prime and Netflix make their own content now, and what they offer for movies, TV shows, etc. changes on occasion due to contracts, etc. I think it's more a matter of personal preference as to which is better.

For anything other such as TV shows on ABC, NBC, etc. I'm generally not that interested. But, if I want to watch something, current shows are generally available for a week or so after it airs.
  • johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hulu's original content not so good
    Netflix has decent content
    Can't find much to watch on prime
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    a good VPN and/or a seedbox and the sky's the limit really
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I had Hulu & then added the Disney Plus, with ESPN bundle {I don't watch ESPN} but what I pay for all 3's practically, what I just pay for Netflix. I consider Hulu & Disney 1 platform since the price's via me, bundling them & thus paying less, than if they were separate.

I love the Disney Plus more, than Hulu though but both because of childhood nostalgia.

I hardly, watch Netflix since'ving Disney Plus but I reside, with my Mother & Sister, thereby I keep it mostly for them.

I only pay, for Amazon Prime because of the shipping & watch as much of them, as I do Netflix now but I purchase my digital movies, via Amazon because they always've them upon sale. I add movies that I wanna buy to my watchlist within order of price, then purchase them if the price changes significantly. When I buy them, I remove them via my watchlist since they'll automatically go into my library.