Calorie intake for petites???

Options
I’m 5’1 and have already lost 12 lbs w/ the help of this app. I’m down to 108 lbs now - 8 more to go! So here’s my question: if my BMR is only 1100 calories, would it be unhealthy for me to consume under 1000 p/ day? The app doesn’t even “close out” my daily total when I consume less than 1000 p/ day. I’ve been trying to stay under 1000 per day because of my BMR. I burn about 600 daily from my workouts alone.

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    You should be eating the calories that MFP gives you, set for 1/2 lb per week (you don't have enough fat reserves for more than that), plus your exercise calories. In other words, more than 1000 cals, because yes it's unhealthy for you to be eating below that. Forget BMR, you take the deficit from TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).
  • loveandlemons33
    loveandlemons33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh okay, so is my TDEE the total calories shown on my Fitbit? Total calories burned for the day? Thank you for your reply!
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yes that is unhealthy! You don't have to eat that little, i'm 4'10 and i can lose weight eating 1500 calories. Im sure its the same with you.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Bmr is what your body would burn if you were in a coma - you need to look at TDEE and factor in activity