Benefits of losing Facebook?

Options
I’ve just completed week 3
And I’m 8lbs down

I’ve successfully done significant weight loss twice before on MFP, but it’s taken me months to get back into it this time.

So what was the difference of the last 3 weeks? I lost access to Facebook! So every time I habitually looked to my phone where did I go? I logged my food!

I would like to build up a network on here if possible which will keep me coming back

Anyone? :)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    :lol:

That's a first.

I'm kinda wanting to ask you how you "lost access to Facebook?"

I agree that logging food is a powerful tool.
  • jeraldt6
    jeraldt6 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My FB is on a seperate email that I never access from anything but my desktop. I log out everytime I use it. Thus, I never get notifications on my phone or Ipad or even desktop.
    I have been off and on diets and MFP for years. Now finally pulled the trigger and joined a gym and have been working with a trainer for the last 6 weeks. Body fat down 3%, muscle growth up a lot. Cardio doing much better. Working out 4 times a week in the gym in addition to paying attention to activity outside of the gym. No weight loss though. 1 3/4 off the waiste. I have 30 to 50 pounds to lose to get into an acceptable weight range according to most charts, mainly, my old army chart. I'm 54 and don't want to feel 80.
  • ultraastra
    ultraastra Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I lost access because I forgot my password, and my email used to set it up is no longer active

could talk about the good and bad about Facebook tbh
    The point I was making was that losing Facebook removed a major distraction for me. Now when I habitually look at my phone, its at MFP, and its made a huge difference :)
  • AprilSue
    AprilSue Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It’s crazy how much time social media kills. And kills my energy. If I get up and do something I feel so much better!