Not quite a "Success Story" but wanted to say...

Options
I'm not at the level yet of being a success story. Actually, far from it. I don't classify 9 lbs as being a super huge loss. Yes, I know, I am hard on myself. Call it "the parents upbringing" of being super hard on me as a kid. It still sticks at age 34.

But the reason I'm posting is just to say "thank you." When I feel like I want to give up because the scale didn't move (even after doing a hard core burn of 50 mins of circuit training/cardio and eating a well-balanced dinner), I come on here to read the true success stories, the NSV's and the kudos that everyone partakes in. And I start to cry a little. Because, I feel like you are also speaking to me, telling me to "not give up" that "you can do this, too!!" This isn't easy and anyone who says so is lying .. it's hard, it's a struggle, both physically and mentally and of course, emotionally. No one WANTS to be heavy or unhealthy or know that their life depends on how they eat and exercise. I know for myself, it was kind of a "either lose the weight or remain in pain forever" deal with my doctor. I want to be able to wear the pretty clothes, to do things without being winded, to add years to my life instead of shave them away.

So thank you, to all of the people who comprise this family of MFP. You are the reason I look forward to mornings and why I continue to strive for the excellence and success we all do.

God bless - enjoy your weekend.
~Angie

Replies

• 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    you ARE a success story because youre still here working to get healthier. Good job, heres to the next 9 pounds!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I enjoy and value this community too. Everyday you take action is a success. Everyday you don't give up is a success. Changing our lifestyles can be difficult. We are all in this together. Those little successes add up to huge accomplishments.
    Keep on keeping on.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    you ARE a success story because youre still here working to get healthier. Good job, heres to the next 9 pounds!

you are a success you are working hard and moving forward!
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Getting started is one of the hardest parts!! You are making steps in the right direction. We all have those days, heck sometimes i have those weeks, lots of effort and healthy foods to see no change on the scale? Or when i self sabotage and eat mcdonalds AND taco bell in one day, and i wonder why i cant lose those last 10 pounds....but this is a learning curve. You are making progress, dont give up:)
  • peterkin923
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing....what you said is inspiring to me because I feel the same way....thank you...and have a wonderful weekend!
  • lukesmama
    lukesmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    From one Angie to another: You can do it. You ARE doing it. We will meet our goals and be the fabulous Angies we dream of being. :)
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi! I feel the same way.....I couldn't have done 1/2 what I have if it wasn't for the people on this site!
    Keep doing what your doing......you are doing great!!!
    Have a great day!! =)
  • rachel_onamission
    Options
    One thing that I've learned is that MFP Family is AMAZING! Things seem so much better knowing that when you come on here there are so many people cheering you on. It gives you motivation and not want to give up. The hardest part of dieting and exercise is going at it alone...well when you have a million other people in the exact situation you are, leaning on MFP friends makes all the difference in the world!

9lbs is a great accomplishment, you should be proud of that!!! Even when the scale is at a stand still, dont give up! Just keep up all the good, hard work! To the next 9 lbs!!!! :)
  • rabbit99_47203
    Options
    I think 9lbs is a great success. I also celebrate every ounce. lol. It's a success every time you choose a healthy meal or finish an exercise, even if the scale doesn't say so. I yelled at mine yesterday and told it all of this and tried to reason with it but it didn't change it's mind. lol. It will show up one day though and than I'll be in your face Mr. Scale. I will admit when I step on for the second time, you know just to make sure it wasn't wrong I do tap it a little harder than what I need to.
    It's hard not to be so hard on ourselves I do that too. The other day I played my first softball game in 10 years. I'm the coach and we were a girl short so I couldn't let my team down when I knew I could hit the ball, might not be able to get around all of the bases but I can maybe get a run in at least. I made it to each base and never got out. I'm not sure how they never got me and I could tell the other team was surprised too that they couldn't get the ball there in time. I would have been so embarassed if they would have got me out because i'm slow and they knew it because I'm fat and I didn't want to take a pinch runner and be that girl who couldn't make it around the bases. I probably should have just to play it safe and get a win for the team, but we didn't lose on my account. My husband was so proud and announced it on facebook. I told him he was silly, I didn't do anything that awesome except not get out. He says "no, getting out is bad and not getting out is Awesome." lol. It took me a while and few days to belive this. It was Awesome. I ran as hard as I could to each base and they did try to get the ball to the base before me but they just weren't quick enough. I gave it my all and I totally paid for it later as I was incredibly sore for the next few days and it took me the whole game to catch my breath and all I did was hit twice and run the bases. But it was that "parent thing" you were talking about. I played ball for years and after I stopped playing my father made comments, everytime I would catch something thrown at me or toss something, well if only you did that while you were playing ball. So even though I loved playing the sport I felt that I wasn't any good and didn't want to embarasse myself or my husband. But I taught my husband how to play and hit and he is pretty good. And he's right I was Awesome. lol. I hit that ball and I didn't get out even though I wanted to collapse after I got back in, I didn't I acted like it was nothing. But I didn't get out and noone got out because of me so I was Awesome. lol.
    It is great to see all of the motivation and success of others it helps to see if someone else can do it so can I. You never know how hard there day or week or year has been and if they are carrying on so can I. So yeah celebrate every onuce, every pound, every healthy meal and making it through your exercise. It's a lot of work and every little bit is apart of the big success so than in itself is a success.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else on here ! Everyday we decide to come on MFP is a success! Shout to the world, cry tears of joy because YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL! WE are all on a journey to do something wether its to lose 10 pounds or 100! as long as we work towards it then guess what,........we arent failures! evenif we cheat today and tomorrow, as long as on the next day we start it right we are winning!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Love your post because that is exactly the way I feel everytime I log on to this site. We are in the nine pounds lost club together. Congratulations and keep going, you can do it! Edited to add, I have not changed my ticker yet because my weigh in day is really Sat. but as of this morning I had lost one pound
    :smile:
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    From one Angie to another: You can do it. You ARE doing it. We will meet our goals and be the fabulous Angies we dream of being. :)

Thanks everyone and yes, Angie (Angela/Angelina's) kick butt!! =) I just went to the restroom, took a look at myself in the mirror and went "Wow.. I can start to see the difference." =)
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    Hi! I feel the same way.....I couldn't have done 1/2 what I have if it wasn't for the people on this site!
    Keep doing what your doing......you are doing great!!!
    Have a great day!! =)

Thank you! BTW.. LOVE your photo!! I love me some Sugarland. They are on my iPod playlist for running. Jennifer and Christian kick my *kitten* into shape and I love them for it!!
  • Thetera
    Thetera Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I BELEIVE IN YOU!
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    Thank you!

I know it's working. I bought a dress in June for a dinner my best friend and I were supposed to go on. It never happened, until last weekend, when, thanks to Irene, it had to get postponed. So thinking nothing of it, I pulled it out last night, put on my strapless bra (which, is a LITTLE big on me now) and put the dress on. Holy motherhubard.. I am in some serious *kitten*. It doesn't fit. IT'S TOO BIG!!!! This beautiful dress I bought at Kohl's (still has the tags on, thank goodness!) I'm going to have to return and find something else because it's just falling off my shoulders and top. =( And it was such a pretty dress, too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!