Skin & Spanx

Options
Hey guys!
I was just wondering if anyone here has experience with wearing Spanx during weightloss. (Not a specific type or brand, just in general)
I wondered if it might aid in tightening loose skin as the compression might change the blood flow towards the skin better? Idk for sure, I was just wondering tbh.
Also, I don't specifically mean waist training things as those tend to target a specific area and therefore are more unhealthy than "general" elastic over a larger area, if you know what I mean

I was wearing a pair of undies that go until my bra and I definitely felt more secure/comfortable with my lower stomach. Its one of my first times wearing it and the thought popped up into my head.

Replies

• Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Compression garments may feel better and even stop skin irritations, but unfortunately, there is no way to “fix” loose skin. I hope to have skin removal surgery on my arms one day soon, but I will be saving for a while before that happens.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I am looking into skin sleeves for my upper arms as I do not want to have surgery for the loose skin...they are like the contestants on Biggest Losers wear after dramatic weight loss....
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I’m right now wearing some fancy faux-leather Spanx leggings some friends talked me into getting. I hate these stupid things. I look like a streetwalker, they pinch everywhere, the waistband makes me nuts, but because they are such a source of “closet guilt” I feel obligated to wear them. What was I thinking?

I’ll let you know if they magically reverse any loose skin.
  • eileenio
    eileenio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought those same faux-leather Spanx! I wore them once and then sold them on Poshmark! I thought they were fairly comfortable physically but emotionally I didn't like the way I looked in them and so I wasn't getting my money's worth.
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just wore my faux leather Spanx this past Saturday! The weather was finally nice. I had a different experience though...
    I was comfortable in them and it was the first time in a while I actually felt really fabulous and thought I looked darn good. My confidence was boosted in them.
    ....my dad called them hooker pants though...🤔
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!