Hi there :)

Options
Good afternoon!

I've recently joined myfitnesspal.com because I NEED HELP!

I've always been one of those people whose weight fluctuates. It normally has something to do with the seasons... In autumn I am slim, as it's been hot and I eat less and exercise more, and in the spring I balloon due to cold winters, rarely leaving the house and stuffing my face with toast (I know, I know).

Anyhoo - I moved to Spain in June 2010 and although it's a lovely place to be, I have found that I have chunked out... more than I've ever chunked out before :(

I blame all the beer, fried foods and terrible eating habits (huge lunches and late night eating). But more than anything, I blame myself.

I'm wheat intolerant, but I still eat bread as it is a staple foodstuff here! My symptoms are worse when I am stressed and overweight, so I am now cutting out wheat, or at least eating as little as possible. Whatsmore, healthy food here is expensive: there's no "light choices" or "diet" foods that I was used to in the UK. But the worst of all is the beer. I love beer. And it's so cheap and readily available... I'm having a hard time cutting it out!

I've waffled enough now, but I basically want to lose 2 stone/28 pounds/13kg in the healthiest, yet quickest way possible.

I eat pretty healthily, but my problem is exercise. I work in an office for 9 hours a day, and by the time I finish work, I don't fancy exercising. However I know that this needs to change. I am joining the gym with a friend next week; let's hope that helps!

I wish you all the best in your challenge, and if you ever need any words of encouragement or just a chat, please drop me a line!

Peace,

Zoe
xxx

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I set my goal to sedentary that way if I didn't exercise, which I don't do, I would not eat too many calories.
    I have lost all the weight I wanted just by eating right.:flowerforyou:
  • xdmzox
    Options
    Hi dls06 :)

Thanks for the reply; I did the same! Ideally though I want to start exercising. I feel I've got into a horrible rut... I get up at 10am, I got to work for 12pm, I work until 9pm, I come home and eat dinner and then surf the internet/play with the cat/go out with friends and then go to bed at 1or 2am!

Thankfully, I have a 2.5km walk to work and back, which helps, and I live on the third floor of a block with no lift! IT's just such a shame as I used to be so athletic!

Keep up the good work! :-)
  • jennchenprice
    jennchenprice Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I workout in the morning and it keeps me going all day. However, I go to a bootcamp class at 530 in the morning, because I would just make an excuse if I relied on just myself to get motivated and get out there.