Ran my first 5K!!

Options
When I joined MFP in November I couldn't even run a mile and today I completed the Cow Town (Fort Worth) 5K in 37:43, which comes out to about an 11:45 minute/mile!!!!

Now I've set my sights on a 10K in May!!

I still haven't lost almost any weight (3 pounds in 4 months) which is incredibly discouraging, but I guess it just means I need to be even more careful about what I eat.................

Thank you MFP for all the support!!!!

Replies

• letiamae
    letiamae Posts: 23
    Options
    When I joined MFP in November I couldn't even run a mile and today I completed the Cow Town (Fort Worth) 5K in 37:43, which comes out to about an 11:45 minute/mile!!!!

I still haven't lost almost any weight (3 pounds in 4 months) which is incredibly discouraging, but I guess it just means I need to be even more careful about what I eat.................

• cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the acheivement! :flowerforyou:
  • Steebs3
    Steebs3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im "training" for my first 5k in May this year. The first time I started running it took me 20 minutes to run one mile. I got it down to 13 minutes a mile now, but Im having a hard time staying motivated to "train". Like you, I have been "training" for a month and haven't really lost anything....so Im slacking. In fact, this past week I havent ran at all. So I can feel your pain.

Congrats though on running and completing the race!!! Good luck on the 10k!!!!
  • Luv2Travel1
    Luv2Travel1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow - way to go - that's awesome!!!! I'm just learning how to run on the tread mill let alone run a 5K. Congrats!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

way to go...start gettin those t shirts...totally cool
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great!!!
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    I'm jealous!!! Today I started couch to 5K and the 60 second intervals of running about killed me. The day I run a 5k, I will be buying myself something nice!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thats so great! Hope you kick butt on the 10K like you did on the 5K!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Congrats. you'll have to let us know how the 10k goes.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is awesome, keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!