Confused?

Options
Hey guys

So I restarted losing weight recently after a maintenance break since I still have around 30 pounds to lose. It’s not been long, around about a week I’ve been logging accurately and ensuring I stay in a deficit, as well as working out. After 4 days ish I lost 1.5 pounds and I know that was water weight. However I stepped on the scale again this morning (3 days later) and I’ve gained a pound and I have no idea why. It’s really frustrating when you’re ensuring you stick to a calorie goal and work out really well all for a gain. I don’t think I’ve experience a gain in the first few weeks of starting to lose weight before... is this normal? This just sets me back as now I’ll have to work off the water weight gain as well as the actual weight I need to lose 😂 ugh someone put me at ease! Lol

Thank you so much :)

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    No worries at all. Odds are you didn't eat 3500 calories over maintenance to gain an actual lb of fat....As tinkerbell says, water retention. I fluctuate 1-2 lbs all the time. As long as overall trend is down, I'm cool with it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    I think the information at this link would be very informative, given your current experience, and set the stage for calm enjoyment of your ongoing and future fat loss (which may not be exactly the same as scale-weight loss):

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    You don't have to 'work off' the water weight. It's water weight, and will drop off on its own.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    3 says ago in was 204.2, then 2 date in a row of 203.2 and today somehow 201.6. I have to admit when I see a number I don't like it pisses me off and even complain on here but I shouldn't because it's just fluctuations. The body and scale are strange things. Nothing is as it seems.