Plateau

Options
2YrFitnessGoal3
2YrFitnessGoal3 Posts: 13 Member
edited February 2020 in Food and Nutrition
What exercise or nutrition tips do you have for when someone hits a plateau in losing weight ?

Replies

• wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Ride it out. Don't change anything.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    What exercise or nutrition tips do you have for when someone hits a plateau in losing weight ?

First, check to see if it is really a plateau or if your calories are creeping up. Start by tightening up your logging. Make sure you are weighing all solids and semi solids and measuring all liquids. Also make sure your exercise calorie burns are accurate.

If your eating is dead on, just wait it out. Patience and persistence will get you through a real plateau.

ETA: have you been recalculating your calorie goal each 10 lb you lost? If your goal is the same as it was when you started, you might be eating too much. Plug your current stats into MFP
  • 2YrFitnessGoal3
    2YrFitnessGoal3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @earlnabby thank you! This is helpful information! I don’t typically even log my daily workouts. So that I do not overcompensate for what I burned off.

I do only drink water 99% of the time with the a exception of occasional Gatorade or green tea. I think my logging is pretty accurate but I’m sure there’s room for improvement.

However I have never recalculated my goal/calories etc.. for every 10lbs I lose. That should be helpful! Thank you so much.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    @earlnabby thank you! This is helpful information! I don’t typically even log my daily workouts. So that I do not overcompensate for what I burned off.

I do only drink water 99% of the time with the a exception of occasional Gatorade or green tea. I think my logging is pretty accurate but I’m sure there’s room for improvement.

However I have never recalculated my goal/calories etc.. for every 10lbs I lose. That should be helpful! Thank you so much.

You're welcome. Start with the obvious and go on from there.
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    switch up your diet and exercise routine, try something new. Do some HIIT training.