its not going to happen =(

Options
i wanted to drop 30 lbs in 90 days...well today is day 81 and i am at 23 lbs...has anyone dropped 7lbs in 9 days?? come on someone give me hope!! lol =)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you can do it, but not in a healthy way, so you'll gain it all straight back.

23lbs is great! you should be happy with that!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have always tried for a pound a week, and you've almost doubled that, so try to be happy with your accomplishment and keep on doing whatever you're doing! You could probably still lose a pound or two in 9 days, based on your pattern.

:bigsmile: Great job!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Cut off your left foot?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    23 is awesome... you deserve to keep your limbs. Rejoice in your 23 ;)
  • Emma1903
    Options
    You can do it, but it will mostly be water you will loose through your glycogen stores. Just go low cal below 600 and carbs below 50g a day. When you go back to eating more cals the water weight will return
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    read your post title again...
  • marquesajen
    Options
    You've done really well and you should be VERY proud of yourself!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I'm a type of person that sets goals to keep me on track but I have had to learn if I miss them slightly then I've still achieved my ULTIMATE goal of losing weight! 23lb ago if someone had said you'd hit 25lb in 3 months you'd have been amazed ... be honest now! So you ARE a success it's just the number you plucked out of the air was a little high for your body thats all.
    Keep up the great work, set a new goal based on waht you've lost in the last month and you'll be on track for more losses!

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss!
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    23 lbs is GREAT for the amount of time you have been doing this! A more practicle number would be 25 pounds by your 90 day mark, but no not 30.... Awesome job so far! You will be to your goal, just keep plugging away!

Good luck!
  • craig1768
    craig1768 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    As sad as you might be about potentially not making 30lbs... congratulate yourself for 23lbs.. and probably multiple inches!

It probably didn't take 90 days to put on the 30lbs.. and probably isn't realistic to take 30lbs off in 90 days. Its great to set goals! Maybe you can adjust this one to 120 days.
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    So it takes you a little longer than 90 days to lose 30 pounds. What's the big deal with that? Not meeting a goal you set does not make you a loser. You've lost 23 pounds! Celebrate that and keep at it and you'll lose the other 7 too.
  • PlumeriaTattoo
    PlumeriaTattoo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Why a sad face? Be THRILLED with your loss! 23 pounds! If 90 days ago someone had told you you'd be 23 lbs lighter by this date, I bet you'd have been over the moon. I know I would. So rejoice in your accomplishment and set a new goal that includes being happy for what you've accomplished. At least you are in the game!
  • epoint
    Options
    I'm no help here, because it took me 7 months to lose 30 lbs. That's just a number, though, and I did look a lot better at the 90 day mark. I bet you will, too. :-)
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hah! Thats funny! I would be happy with 23 lb. some people dont know how good they have it, UNTIL something happens to them , I used to be one of those girls who said " Im so fat" when I was actually skinny. Now That I have matured a little and have thyroid problems I realize how lucky and perfectly fine I was before.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Thats a great accomplishment!! Its better to do it right than eat too little , that way it STAYS off, congrats you are on your way
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    you're doing a great job, take it slow, in the end you'll be happy you did.