Energy Drinks

Options
I have a problem...I'm addicted to Monster Rehab! I know there is so much crap in energy drinks that are bad for you but I LOVE this one! I usually have one a day :embarassed:

Anyone else have this problem with energy drinks? :drinker:

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from caffeine for the most part. I'll have green tea or a cup of coffee on occasion. I find that I have A LOT more energy when I don't have caffeine than when I do! :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how do you sleep having 1 every day!?
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    how do you sleep having 1 every day!?

when you are used to them i t doesnt bother you, my drink of choice was Rockstar, daily 1 occasionally 2
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Addicted is a pretty strong word. Are you sure?
  • mbjadams
    mbjadams Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Red Bull is my downfall. It's my afternoon treat, even though I know I should make a better choice. I fall asleep just fine, too!:drinker:
  • Lsqueezy
    Options
    Rockstar Recovery Energy + Hydration. Every morning. I don't drink coffee or soda anymore and I need my fix to get me going! I must confess....sometimes I have two a day. :( I'm a energy drink junkie. :frown:
  • missduffbug
    Options
    I have a problem...I'm addicted to Monster Rehab! I know there is so much crap in energy drinks that are bad for you but I LOVE this one! I usually have one a day :embarassed:

I saw on a weight loss programme the other day that 2 cans of energy drinks ie Monster are the equivalent in sugar to that of 12 GATEAUX'S!!! How bad is that - they should stop selling them because people do get addicted!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I can relate...I used to drink at least one 16oz Red Bull per day...I am pretty sure that's what actually made me gain a lot of my weight, at least the last 20 pounds I gained because there was nothing else in my life that changed except the Red Bull craziness. Strangely now that I am eating better and working out I feel no need for energy drinks. I would much prefer to use those calories for some food, or maybe a protein drink. That said, when I do need a little burst of energy I use the Lance Armstrong FRS Energy Chews. They're only 20 calories each and give me a nice smooth energy with no jitters or anything like that. And no crash afterwards either. You can go to the website and order a free sample pack of products for only about $4 in shipping.
  • kmumansky
    Options
    my husband is also addicted to energy drinks.

They make me super jittery and make my heart race so I tend to stay away. Once in awhile I'll drink an "all natural" juice based one though. Maybe once a month on a day I'm super tired or am going to have a really long day at work, I don't like coffee or tea.
  • delcatty
    delcatty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Diet Rock Stars like ALL THE TIME.

Not so much any more. If I'm going to have an energy drink, it's usually a Red Bull and amaretto at the club. ;)
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Well, the Monster Rehab only has 3g of sugar and 20cals per can. Its non carbonated and supposedly loaded with B vitamins

I don't feel like I can function right w/o my coffee and rehabs...I sleep ok. I shoot for 7ish hours of sleep or at least 6 but I'm go go go all day long :drinker:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

I saw on a weight loss programme the other day that 2 cans of energy drinks ie Monster are the equivalent in sugar to that of 12 GATEAUX'S!!! How bad is that - they should stop selling them because people do get addicted!!!

there are sugar free varieties, which is what i used to drink zero carb rockstar ( the blue can()

now i jsut tend to grab a 5 hour energy when i need one