blah-to-babe fitness challenge post here!!

Options
124»

Replies

• jodygirl
    Options
    O.K. IM IN TOO. GOING TO BE COLD OUTSIDE SO I WILL START WITH THE CRUNCHES AND SQUATS. ALREADY FEEL THE BURN. THANKS FOR SUCH A GREAT IDEA!:flowerforyou:
  • alymarest
    Options
    So I think next week we should do calf raises
    like 50?
    what do you think?
  • alymarest
    Options
    I did 7 pushupsWOW i am proud of myself. I'm going to keep doing them until i can do 50.
    but i tried to do the cheer leading leg thing and it's a lot of work.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    OK, So I found this site last summer and finally decided to go for it. I like the challenge idea, so I'm in. Today I'll start 50 crunces, pushups and squats. I can do this.:smile:
  • heather77w
    Options
    almarest, great idea!!! Starting Sunday the new challenge will be calf raises...I forgot about that part of the leg :tongue:
  • alymarest
    Options
    9 push ups!!!!
  • marehead
    Options
    Hi everyone - I am kind of new here - joined back in October i think it was cause I quit smoking in June - and started packing on the weight, Back in october i was at 134 lbs. So i joined a gym started eating better - and today i weight 140 lbs. So im depressed. My legs and my butt are in fantastic shape - but all my weight sits right on my stomach. I measured it this morning - 38 inches. So now im really depressed. Ive been going to the gym at least 3 times a week - im guessing maybe thats just not enough. So I am going to try your challenge here - and start out with the squats and crunches and (hate them!) sit ups. If anybody has any other suggestions for me I would greatly appreciate them..
    One good thing is I still havent smoked....
  • heather77w
    Options
    Mare, what type of workouts do you do at the gym? I've been told that it's best to do cardio to get rid of tummy flab (and that's my WORST area!) Also diet plays a factor, I just signed up on prevention.com's virtual belly flattener to see what I could look like, lol, you just have to upload a pic of you sideways and they send you back a picture with your stomach flattened...took a week or so but I just got it today, now to work towards that goal!

And great job quitting smoking, and staying with it!! That is one of the toughest things to do!! :flowerforyou:
  • alymarest
    Options
    45 calf raises on both legs &
    14 on the left &
    16 on the right !!!!!
    :smooched:

And 12 push ups oh ya!!
  • marehead
    Options
    Hi Heather,

I have been doing some strength training - with weights - i was doing cardio but I wasnt seeing any results. So they were advertising strenth training so i decided to try that. I have been doing that for about 6 weeks now. So i do one step class - one or two weight classes - depending on the week - sometime i just dont have time - and one other class they advertise as a sculpt - its one minute cardio then one minute sculpting - usually with weights. But I am thinking that 3 times a week isnt enough. So yesterday on got back on my treadmill here at home. i measured all my body parts - did up a spreadsheet - and hopefully this time i can see some results.
  • alymarest
    Options
    30calf raises
    16 pushups!!!
  • heather77w
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Go Aly!! Going to do my calf lifts right now!!!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Can someone expalin to me what calf raises are :embarassed:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Can someone expalin to me what calf raises are :embarassed:

There is a machine in the gym that you sit in, it has a foot pad at the bottom that you rest only the balls of your feet on, your knees are against a weighted bar above them. Calf raises are simply the act of pushing up on that weight and down below "flat footed". This extends the calf muscle and also contracts it. It is a great calf shaping exersize. You can also do this standing using your own body weight as resistance. Just stand on a step with your heels sticking off the back, feet shoulder width apart (make sure you balance on a railing or something else solid) and drop below flat footed then raise up onto your "tippy toes" and back to flat footed. You can add weight to this by holding a plate or dumbell if you like. You do this until you feel a heavy burn in the calves. If you do this 2 to 3 times a week, you should see definition in a month or less as the calf is heavily isolated by this movement.
  • pinkk5727
    Options
    You all sound like you have a great time losing weight and supporting each other!! It's very motivational to see! i just joined the site yesterday and I am very determined to lose this extra weight!!! Great job on sticking together!! :flowerforyou:
  • slduval
    Options
    I just joined this site yesterday and it was the best thing I did. I recently joined the health club and I love it. Three days a week I do a class called Body Pump its awesome, and one day I do the bicycle or treadmill (whatever one is available) then I do some of the weight machines they have. It's been a month and I have lost maybe 2 pounds:sad: , but my jeans fit different so I know I'm losing inches which is great:bigsmile: !!! After signing up yesterday I decided to start changing my way of eating and hopefully the pounds will start to shed!!! I have to get into those white little shorts by no later than July!!!!!:happy:
  • alymarest
    Options
    61 calf raises OUCH!!
    17 pushups!!!!
    :bigsmile:
  • alymarest
    Options
    What's a good work out that we should do for the but this week?
  • TLScott
    Options
    15 pushups
    50 squats - OMG thought I would Die!!!!!!!
    20 situps
    100 crunches
    and 25 leg lifts.

And 45 min of dancing (in my living room with the kids) Now that is a workout!!!!!!

WAY TO GO HEATHER!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE DOING AN AMAZING JOB OF KEEPING US ALL TOGETHER!!!

CONGRATS ON THE AMAZING WEIGHTLOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!