Pesto Trapanese....this is so Good!

Options
I watched this recipe being made yesterday and got stuck on it. so I made it last night, and it was fabulous! The flavors are strong enough that whole wheat pasta would still work great.

Lidia Bastianich's Pesto Trapanese. (makes about 8 servings, serving size about 1/4 cup.)

¾ pound (about 2-1/2 cups) cherry tomatoes, very ripe and sweet
12 large fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup italian parsley
1/3 cup of whole almonds, lightly toasted
2 plump garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake or to taste
½ teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt, or to taste
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil

puree all ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth. stir 1/4 cup sauce with 2oz pasta and a sprinkle of parmasean cheese.

Serving size 1/4 cup
Calories 182.8 Total Fat 18.2 g Saturated Fat 2.2 g Polyunsaturated Fat 2.3 g
Monounsaturated Fat 12.8 g Cholesterol 0.0 mg Sodium 295.9 mg Potassium 184.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g Dietary Fiber 1.7 g Sugars 0.5 g Protein 2.4 g

Replies

• chellebelle315
    Options
    I watched this recipe being made yesterday and got stuck on it. so I made it last night, and it was fabulous! The flavors are strong enough that whole wheat pasta would still work great.

Lidia Bastianich's Pesto Trapanese. (makes about 8 servings, serving size about 1/4 cup.)

¾ pound (about 2-1/2 cups) cherry tomatoes, very ripe and sweet
    12 large fresh basil leaves
    1/4 cup italian parsley
    1/3 cup of whole almonds, lightly toasted
    2 plump garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake or to taste
    ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt, or to taste
    ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil

puree all ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth. stir 1/4 cup sauce with 2oz pasta and a sprinkle of parmasean cheese.

Serving size 1/4 cup
    Calories 182.8 Total Fat 18.2 g Saturated Fat 2.2 g Polyunsaturated Fat 2.3 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 12.8 g Cholesterol 0.0 mg Sodium 295.9 mg Potassium 184.0 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g Dietary Fiber 1.7 g Sugars 0.5 g Protein 2.4 g
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    I caught this on tv too...thought it looked SO good. Thanks for posting the recipe, I didn't have a chance to write it down.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Do you watch Lidia? I LOVE to watch her cook. She is such a typical Italian, and I am a serious Italiophile. Her cooking seems very authentic, and really good. However, sometimes her hands distract me, they are enormous! :noway:
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm. Bumpin for later:smile:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    I love watching cooking shows with real chefs...and Lidia does amazing italian that I can even eat occasionally without feeling guilty....like this pesto...the Almonds boost the protein, and kind of give it a creamy texture that satisfies that "alfredo" craving
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: for later
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I :heart: pesto!!

Thanks!