Ladies: Weigh in while on cycle

Options
Do you do your weigh in while on your cycle?
I started my cycle yesterday and today was my weigh in.
I have had a good week with logging food (right on target for my calories) and with exercise.
But my weight went up a half a pound over last week!!! I didn't expect it to go down because of my cycle but up? Half a pound??
Does that sound right?
Sigh! I am coming back as a man in my next life!

Replies

• cawfeesong
    Options
    I've gained up yo 5lbs on my cycle before!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Some times I go up up to 2 lbs :) Its all water retention! :)
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in on my TOM, I did do this morning gives you a good idea when you look back weather you go up or down
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I think that's normal, although it is only temporary and you should see a good drop once your TOM is over. Don't be discouraged!
  • adamsonam
    Options
    I try not to weigh in on my cycle. You retain more water which might account for the slight gain. I wouldn't worry about and just do your official weigh in after your cycle has ended.
  • donnadaniels
    donnadaniels Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did this week and went up almost 5 pounds.. it is very very discouraging
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've learned to skip my wiegh in until my cycle is done. All the water can really affect the number
  • foodie99
    Options
    I still weigh in. It might be a bummer now, but think how you will feel at next week's weight check.
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    yes...it's part of life...dont' give up:)
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I actually went down during mine. It's a part of your life, it happens every month. You will become accustomed to the up/down each month if you keep track, Just as you expect it to show up every cycle.

Look at it in a positive way instead.... your healthy, your body is working properly. We have to deal with it for 40 years :noway: . It shouldn't be such a downer , it's routine just like waking up. :flowerforyou:
  • lauren0804
    Options
    I think you are very lucky to only have weighed a half pound more. Most of us gained much more than that on the cycle. I am on it this week as well and expected the worse...luckily I lost a half pound! Just think next week you'll probably lose even more weight :)
  • aalexander1
    aalexander1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is the weight still higher even on the last day? I am just about done and weighted myself this morning and was the same as last week even though I've been really good.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    it's HALF A POUND!! Daily fluctuation can be as much as 2-3 pounds. Relax, eat clean, sleep well, and workout hard.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    How do you get both wheels on the scale?
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I always skip it.
  • katejolee
    katejolee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you only gained half a pound you will be very happy next weigh in ! i always put at least 2lb on that time of the month !! so i would guess you have probably lost 1.5/2lb !
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday AM.... regardless!!! It's all a part of life, and I like to track weekly progress.

For me I've noticed that the week prior I have a tendency to not lose much weight... maybe a pound. But... typically the week after I might lose 3lbs. And... weighing myself weekly ensures that I don't give in to any chocolate or other tempting cravings during PMS/TOM... because I don't want that to be an excuse.

You likely will retain some extra water before and at the start, but... it should go away.
  • LeahLexis
    LeahLexis Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I didn't get it at first... :laugh:
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options

you win the internet!

best answer

ever!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I have gained up to 12lbs on my TOM... I retain water like a SOB... :'(