MFP not giving me many calories for exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    Yes, interesting! So maybe I am going about this the wrong way. So you just use the Up for counting steps and that kind of stuff but not for workouts?

Yep! I found that the exercise options in the UP app were waaay too limited and I really wanted to see discrete exercise entries in my MFP diary, anyway. I would agree, however, that MFP auto-estimates of calories burned seem to be pretty high so I usually adjust them down.
  • StephyTheGreat
    StephyTheGreat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree. I feel like MFP lowballs calories burned for many activities. According to every other calorie calculator on the net and other apps I use, the calories burned for BRISK, LONG walks (1.5 - 2 hours) / 11,000ish steps is almost 600 calories for my weight and height. But MFP gives me 122 calories. 122 calories for a brisk 2 hour / 6 mile walk? I don’t think so. Even if it’s not close to 600 it has to be more than 122 calories.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I agree. I feel like MFP lowballs calories burned for many activities. According to every other calorie calculator on the net and other apps I use, the calories burned for BRISK, LONG walks (1.5 - 2 hours) / 11,000ish steps is almost 600 calories for my weight and height. But MFP gives me 122 calories. 122 calories for a brisk 2 hour / 6 mile walk? I don’t think so. Even if it’s not close to 600 it has to be more than 122 calories.

The last post on this thread was from 2014 before you bumped it with your post.