Finally starting to see a difference!

Options
Hi to everyone at fitnesspal.com!
I want to share my story.
I am currently losing weight to go back to my ideal BMI of 25.
My story starts about 5 months ago when my wife and I had our first child on April 9th 2011. It was a couple of months afterwards that it hit me: I am overweight and I need to set a good example to my daughter and be able to keep up with her when she starts walking and running. I started a nutrition and weightloss program on July 5th 2011.
My starting weight was 205 (I am 5' 6.5"). I am proud to say that today I am 177 pounds with a body fat % drop from 26.6% to 21.3%. I also lost close to 5 inches on my waist line. We went shopping for clothes about a week ago and I was shocked to go from a size 36 waist to 32 in jeans and from a large shirt to a small.

I want to encourage people to keep your goals in sight. I had inspiration and a purpose when I was blessed with my daughter.

God bless and take care!

10451175.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story.

Congrats on your success!
  • tere2ov
    Options
    Congrats!
  • EmilySG2011
    Options
    Please tell us your secret. That's an amazing drop in a small amout of time.
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    Great story!
  • tere2ov
    Options
    :smile:
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Stick to a calorie count. Look up your basal metabolic rate. There are a lot of BMR calculators online. In my case my BMR was close to 2000 calories so my nutritionist put me on a 1500 calorie diet. If you follow that regimen, that's a pound a week you would lose only on counting calories. The other pound a week I am losing is by exercise.

Just remember it takes 3500 calories for a pound to be added to your body. So if you restrict your diet to be -500 everyday that's
    -3500 a week so therefore one pound lost. The other 3500 i burn in exercise. Just remember you can't starve yourself or your body will just store those calories as fat.
    :happy:

Thanks again to all of the people who're helping me!

10451175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!