Non typical workout ideas that will build strength, lose weight, overall health?!

2»

Replies

• Keliz1173
    Keliz1173 Posts: 186 Member
    What about some sort of walk -- jog -- walk -- spring -- walk type thing.

So we get our heart rates up and build our cardio a little.

There is "Couch to 5k" which give you plans to do just that working up to running. Lots of info on line and apps you can download.

Good luck!
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    JocyChan wrote: »
    Take a martial arts class! MMA/BJJ are good ones.

This time x 100. I know OP has said nothing that really costs money, but BJJ and then a transition to MMA was a life changer for me. 100lbs lost. True functional strength - (traditional gyms have always and will always bore me to tears). Best shape of my life with visible abs for the first time in my life in my mid 40s. Top 3 best decisions I have made in my life was trying out a free BJJ class. BJJ/MMA "ain't cheap" but I would pay whatever they asked because I can't put a price on what it has given me.

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Sledding, walk up the hill, slide down the hill, lots of fun and sleds can be bought cheaply. It'll make you feel like a kid again. :)
    Truly, walking is one of the best free exercises out there. Find a way to build onto that. Do 30 sec. sprints, carry a backpack filled with water bottles, go longer, go up hills.
    I mostly use walking and 30 minutes a day is great! Sometimes I add in hula hoop, that's also good exercise and moderately fun. I do 60-75 sec. of planking a day, not really sure why except everybody says it's so good for you. Lol There are countless dance videos on youtube, that are fun and keep you moving. This group has tons of different videos, they're high energy and lots of fun to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EETqP1OmBz8

I'm the same belief as you when it comes to exercise. If it entails counting reps or making my muscles sore for days after, forget it. I lose interest before I even start. :(