Just started Today! :)

Options
Hello! After eating healthy (lots of fruits and veggies and lean protein) with moderate exercise my weight stalled and the needle didn't move on the scale. So, today I calculated my calories and I was shocked! For example, my typical breakfast is oatmeal with banana, walnuts, flax seed and maple syrup. I my mind, I was thinking it was around 350 calories. It was actually 720 calories - OMG! Light bulb moment!!! Determined to eat nutritious food while not exceeding my recommended calories. I will also continue my exercise routine that I do (5) days a week. Has anyone else been shocked by how many calories they were consuming? Keeping it real!

Replies

• junebrown5856
    junebrown5856 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done ,I find counting calories keeps me on track,I go to sw too. Good luck
  • fattypattyt
    fattypattyt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you Junebrown5856!
  • thb309
    thb309 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty and welcome. I too was surprised at how many calories i was consuming in a day. I started using this app just as a way to see what i was eating since diets never worked for me. Just by using the app i have totally changed my eating habits and don’t really count the calories so much as i pay attention more to the nutrients. Since i too am cutting weight it inherent that i strive to stay below my recommended daily allowance.
    Good luck on your journey11