Help with my macros

Options
Can someone please help me with my macros? I've done it for multiple year but haven't achieved too much progress... So I'm trying to cut down to 10% bf... I'm at 14% right now.... I weight 158 lbs and I'm 5'8...25 years old.. Male.... When I did my calculations for cutting down they're coming about to be 1900 cals from which 225g is carbs and 140 g is protein, the rest is fat.... I'm worried that that's too much carbs for me and instead of cutting I'll gain and feel bloated... Any ideas are welcome

Replies

• aj_jalal08
    aj_jalal08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention I gym 5 to 6 days a week for 2 hours and mostly working out can't breath but would talk to friends or take breaks if needed
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Carbs don't make you gain weight, too many calories do. If the 1900 cals puts you at a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. That seems quite low for the amount of activity that you're doing though, what do you choose for your weekly weight loss goal?
  • holt_janice
    holt_janice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need help with my macros also, I'm 5'7, 260
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I need help with my macros also, I'm 5'7, 260

MFP's default macros are fine to start with. Many people choose to increase protein a bit as the MFP default is at the low end, and therefore drop carbs and/or fats a bit to compensate, but beyond ensuring adequate protein and fat intake, mostly macros come down to personal preference and satiety (what keeps you satisfied). For weight loss, calories are the bit that matters.
  • aj_jalal08
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Carbs don't make you gain weight, too many calories do. If the 1900 cals puts you at a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. That seems quite low for the amount of activity that you're doing though, what do you choose for your weekly weight loss goal?

My weight is 160 right now and within a month I'm trying to get to 150lbs and 10 percent to 8 percent body fat
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    aj_jalal08 wrote: »

My weight is 160 right now and within a month I'm trying to get to 150lbs and 10 percent to 8 percent body fat

Perfect example of why percentages aren't a good way to manage macros.
    The same percentage of a tiny calorie allowance from crash dieting results in very different grams compared to someone choosing a more sensible rate of loss.
  • aj_jalal08
    Options
    aj_jalal08 wrote: »

That's a really bad plan. That's 2.5lb per week, a massive calorie deficit, and not at all suitable for someone with so little to lose. You will end up losing quite a bit of lean body mass along with the fat, and quite possibly end up binging because you're restricting too much, put any weight you've lost back on, and then some. Even if you don't end up binging, you will feel like crap.

mui1d6wefkc7.png

Okay thank you for the explanation is it possible for you to do my macros real quick if I give you all my measurements? I'm trying to see how off I am?