First post! MFP member for 7 years. 1964-day logging streak. 161 pounds lost.

Hi everyone! Obviously I'm pretty MFP dedicated, but I've never checked out the message boards before and wanted to share my progress. I started logging in 2013 at a weight of 303 but got serious in late 2014. After hitting a low of 138 lbs, I had some major life challenges -- a medication that seriously affected my weight, depression and anxiety struggles with accompanying bad reactions to medications, reactive hypoglycemia that drove my hunger through the roof, and a return to comfort eating after the unexpected death of my husband. By April of last year I had regained to 176, and I'm almost prouder to have lost 34 pounds in the past year than to have lost 160 in the past 5. Life isn't linear, and weight loss isn't always either.

October 2013 to November 2019 (I have had two skin removal surgeries):
lfa1fb3bkqse.png

February 2019 to November 2019:
zejwu1q3ioi9.png

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,359 Member
    Wow, so very well done!!!
  • Floydy89
    Floydy89 Posts: 23 Member
    I barely ever post (though often browse) but had to for this! Absolutely remarkable! You must have some mindset! Congrats!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Congratulations! This is a lovely transformation. I'm sorry about the loss of your husband--I'm sure it hasn't been easy.
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Amazing first post and so many hugs to you - hopefully you feel stronger in all parts of your self through this!!
  • Hell yes. Well done :-)
  • harleyhearse
    harleyhearse Posts: 16 Member
    What an inspirational story! I am very sorry for the loss of your husband. You have an amazing ability to focus on your goals. That ability is what I am trying to find as I am at the beginning stages of my journey. I wish you continued success, and happiness.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Amazing job! Amazing strength. I know they say nothing in life worth having comes easy, and you're living proof! You don't even resemble the same person, you can just see it in your eyes. That last photo has the eyes of a person who says I've been to hell and back and I am a stronger person because of it so don't mess with me! Keep kicking butt and taking names!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Way to go!!!! That's a lot of hard work. (And I have to say I love those tights you are wearing in your after photos)
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    congratulations
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    YOU ARE AMAZING
  • MsWax
    MsWax Posts: 32 Member
    Thank you for sharing this! You've made some amazing accomplishments in the face of some terrible obstacles...that's really something to be proud of. Congratulations!
  • tinaslim
    tinaslim Posts: 48 Member
    WOW! What an awesome share! So sorry for the loss of your husband and medication issues. Looks like you're taking control of things from what we're seeing! Well done!!!🤗
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Wow! Congrats!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    You are one strong woman. Lucky the people who have you as a friend IRL :heart:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    incredible job
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Many hugs, and even more wishes for a bright future. You are a strong, beautiful woman, with good things in store.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Wow, that's awesome! Great streak, and dedication. And I'm very sorry for your loss <3
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Great first post! Just a wonderful success story. Thank you for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!