Food by Blood Type

Options
A trainer at my gym approached me this morning and said she thought I should start implementing stuff from this Eating by Blood Type Plan. I like to gather lots of information and opinions about things before I form my own. I've been reading up on it on the internet a little this morning, but I'd like to factor in the collective experience of my fellow MFPs.

So how about it? Anyone have experience with eating for your blood type?

Replies

• Brookelee30
    Options
    bump
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    My co-worker started this a few weeks ago and has noticed a considerable weight loss. But she's miserable, because she can't have avocados. I would be too. I definitely think it's worth trying out and have considered it as well.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of the diet but what I read online webmd.com and everydiet.org is there is no scientific proof that the diet works. The doctors that review the diet said there is weightloss because people eat healthier and smaller portions but they wouldn't recommend it because it is restrictive and doesn't allow people to eat meal that suits their personal tastes.

I say it's a gimmick. I think that if you eat healthier and exercise you will lose weight and be healthier.

Good luck!!!
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My co-worker started this a few weeks ago and has noticed a considerable weight loss. But she's miserable, because she can't have avocados. I would be too. I definitely think it's worth trying out and have considered it as well.
    See that is why I didn't do this diet plan it just sounds absurd to me. I could never give up meat and go all vegetarian as this diet suggests for my blood type. If your friend is losing but is miserable in the long run she will gain it all back because she is well miserable and giving up something she loves that is actually healthy for her. It's not like it is junk food, it is an avocado. I would tell her eat smaller portions, steer clear of processed and junk food and add cardio into the equation and eat that d@mn avocado. ;)
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of the diet but what I read online webmd.com and everydiet.org is there is no scientific proof that the diet works. The doctors that review the diet said there is weightloss because people eat healthier and smaller portions but they wouldn't recommend it because it is restrictive and doesn't allow people to eat meal that suits their personal tastes.

I say it's a gimmick. I think that if you eat healthier and exercise you will lose weight and be healthier.

Good luck!!!
    AGREED!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Sounds fussy. Hominids didn't need to eat based on their blood type for millions of years. Why would we need to now? It's bogus.
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    I agree with Cat. I don't think there is any legitamite reason to cut out healthy foods you enjoy from your diet.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I tend to think it's a fad thing, my cousin tried it for a while and was absolutely miserable because she couldn't have cheese....we're part French! So, yea it didn't last. However, I don't think it's not worth trying. Good idea to get lots of opinions :)
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Thanks, y'all! My blood type seems to call for a lot of red meat (which I don't care for usually) and excludes red beans (nearly impossible to do for a New Orleanian). Hmmm. Come to think about it, maybe that's why I'm always overweight! lol.
  • water2soul
    water2soul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, A friend lent me this book last week, and I took some time to read through the beginning chapters. I'm going to try it out. If this works, allowing me to live at my ideal weight, then I will know it is legit for me. Something I learned during my mother's horrible battle with breast cancer, is that although our personal tastes tell us to choose certain foods they may not be healthy for our bodies to thrive. In the begining of D'Adamo's book, he tells a story of a 70+ year old Rabbi whose diet consisted of 2 meals a day of traditional Sabbath and Kosher meals (chicken, chicken fat as a gravy and 'cracklins' type of foods). He was very ill, diabetic and his insulin was not helping. This doctor worked with the Rabbi's family to adjust his diet to foods that his blood type processed well, limiting his Sabbath meals to the Sabbath once a week. As a result, his health dramatically improved, diabetes tamed by insulin by pill by mouth over time. I'll try this out and keep my progress posted.
  • water2soul
    water2soul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Hi folks, A friend lent me this book last week, and I took some time to read through the beginning chapters. I'm going to try it out. If this works, allowing me to live at my ideal weight, then I will know it is legit for me. Something I learned during my mother's horrible battle with breast cancer, is that although our personal tastes tell us to choose certain foods they may not be healthy for our bodies to thrive. In the begining of D'Adamo's book, he tells a story of a 70+ year old Rabbi whose diet consisted of 2 meals a day of traditional Sabbath and Kosher meals (chicken, chicken fat as a gravy and 'cracklins' type of foods). He was very ill, diabetic and his insulin was not helping. This doctor worked with the Rabbi's family to adjust his diet to foods that his blood type processed well, limiting his Sabbath meals to the Sabbath once a week. As a result, his health dramatically improved, diabetes tamed by insulin by pill by mouth over time. I'll try this out and keep my progress posted.

Thanks! I'd appreciate that.