I won’t track calories anymore

Replies

• HotFrieZ
    HotFrieZ Posts: 35 Member
    We're on a calorie counting forum so obviously this is a tough place to post something like this, but I agree with you and would like to do the same. I'd like to lose maybe 5 lbs or so and counting just isn't helping me. I have a history of restricting then binging so I can't cut too low without binging. I also have a 9 month old daughter and don't want her to grow up thinking she has to count calories. My goal is to improve the quality of my eating and just watch portions. I've actually been successful with that I'm the past and felt less deprived. Good luck to you!
  • Nimbkar
    Nimbkar Posts: 67 Member
    I think it can be done without counting calories by being mindful and present when eating.
  • syeda2007
    syeda2007 Posts: 23 Member
    You're saying it takes more skill not to count, but you've failed with counting?[/quote]

I am not judging people who want to count calories, for me Not counting is good because I don’t want to obsess about food all day long, I also don’t want buy into any fad diets, I know healthy people that do not count calories. Maybe it’s working for you.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Foolish

The problem isn't cal counting, it's NOT counting cals accurately.
  • syeda2007
    I have yet to read a study that supports your view on sugar, any chance u have the source? Just curious I enjoy info. And I get it with the being tired of calorie counting. For me it's the only thing that works and I've tried everything. Good luck!

Here is the link where I got the info from. Thank you and Good luck to you too.
  • syeda2007
    I have yet to read a study that supports your view on sugar, any chance u have the source? Just curious I enjoy info. And I get it with the being tired of calorie counting. For me it's the only thing that works and I've tried everything. Goodluck!

Here is the info

https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/this-is-why-you-crave-sugar-immediately-after-your-meal-1712612?amp=1&akamai-rum=off
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    SlayLikeAWarrior Posts: 89 Member
    I am on maintenance and I calorie count, but not often. Because I watch the portion of food that goes on my plate during calorie counting, I can determine how portion to put on my plate without tracking. I eat pretty much the same stuff so it a bit easy. I only track if it's something I have never eaten. So, it doesn't have to be tedious.