Hello! New to MFP!

Options
Hello I am in need of much motivation! I am currently at 255lbs (atleast that was what the scale said last time I stepped on one about 2 months ago)...My goal is to reach 200 for starters then take it from there. Im not trying to be all skinny! I've always been a big girl. Just want to lose enough weight to feel good about myself again. My ultimate goal would be at the least 150lbs but I'd even settle with 175lbs. Im open to anyone sending me a friend request but Id especially like a request if you are trying to lose more than 50lbs. Its hard to be motivated (and encourage a person) when someone who isnt even big (in my eyes) and all they are trying to lose is 10lbs or something LOL... Thanks and God Bless.

Replies

• Camey44
    Camey44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome.... This is a great site to keep you motivated and to help you visualize your progress. Feel free to add me.
  • CandieCapps
    CandieCapps Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

I'm at 229 and stuck. I signed up here 3 weeks ago and I'm tracking everything. I too would be very happy to get down to 150 but my goal is really around 135 to get my BMI down. My heaviest was 260 so I've made some progress but I want to see a lot more loss.

Where do you live? I'm in Dayton but workout in Mason, Ohio.

Add me to your friends list and I'll try to help you in anyway I can!

Good luck.
  • bmcconn19
    Options
    Hey, there! I just joined a couple of weeks ago and really started this journey around the first of August. We are about the same as far as starting weights. My high was 264 and I started MFP at 251. I just weighed in this morning at 244! I am not the most active or motivated person but this time I really want to stick with it. I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful boys that I want to be around for. I saw my mom die to young because she was overweight and had cancer. I do not want to leave my family that way. Needing to lose around 100 pounds is incredibly intimidating but I am just going to focus on those little goals right now.

I am so proud of you for being ready to tackle this in your life and for reaching out for support! I think if you can make some small goals for yourself, such as exercising a specific amount each week and staying around your calorie goal, you will start to see the results and THAT will be the motivation that really keeps you going. I am confident you can succeed and I pray that I will too. Welcome!
  • Losin_N_2018
    Losin_N_2018 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I feel ya . . . I weighed this morning at got the number of 245. My heaviest, or so the scale said, has been 250. My motto is to "Keep Trying Until Something Happens". My weight goal is about the same as yours 150 lbs. We can do it. :-) I'm not perfect everyday, but every morning I get up is another day to trying to do it better. You are welcome to add me as your friend.
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Congrats on making the decision to better your life!! I just recently started as well and MFP provides awesome resources and the community makes it even better!! Feel free to add me and we can help motivate and encourage each other! My current goal is to lose 60 pounds - I'd love to lose more after I reach that goal, but I'm taking it one step at a time! lol