NEED WATER

I am about to freak out!! I need water at all times of the day. I drink about 120oz and I still crave more. I wake up in the middle of the night with my mouth dry as the sahara desert . I do have a history of anemia, is this something I need to bring to my drs attention?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Yes, see your doctor.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited February 2020
    kmcleroy23 wrote: »
    I am about to freak out!! I need water at all times of the day. I drink about 120oz and I still crave more. I wake up in the middle of the night with my mouth dry as the sahara desert . I do have a history of anemia, is this something I need to bring to my drs attention?

I had to convert this, 3.5l of water a day is a lot depending where you are and what sort of activity you do.

I probably drink about 2-3l a day atm but I'm running long distances and it's the middle of summer. And yes I need some in the middle of the night but not more than a mouth full.

If you are in the middle of winter and not sweating a lot while working out, than 3.5l seems excessive. And the level of thirst you are describing sounds concerning, so yes see your Dr.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    This is a possible symptom of diabetes. I hope you don't have it.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Sounds like diabetes
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    There are other things as well that can lead to crazy thirst, maybe something the with pituitary glad? I spoke with someone about it happening with their child, but I can’t remember exactly which part of the brain it was, but either way definitely worth a doctor’s visit!

No change in meds or illness? Sudafed makes me abnormally thirsty with dry mouth, but it’s short term with the meds (that I only take if I absolutely have to).
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    There are a lot of things that can cause thirst.

Some have been listed above like diabetes.

Also suprisingly Rheumatoid Arthritis (I have this) can cause dry mouth and eyes. Dry mouth at night can also be caused by sleeping with your mouth open/snoring. I get this all the time. Sometimes my tongue is like sandpaper so I keep a bottle by the bed and take a swig almost hourly.

Would be a good idea to mention it to you doctor though to be on the safe side.