Protein bars without sugar alcohols/artificial sweeteners?

Options
2»

Replies

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You could try RXbars. I actually enjoy the sea salt chocolate, coconut and peanut butter ones. They keep me very full too!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    You could try RXbars. I actually enjoy the sea salt chocolate, coconut and peanut butter ones. They keep me very full too!

I like: Banana chocolate walnut, Peanut Butter Chocolate, Chocolate Chip and Mint Chocolate. They aren't anything special at all and I prefer many other protein bars, but they fit the requirements you're looking for :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions! I have seen RX bars but no one I knew actually tried them, but if Costco carries them I will def give them a try.

And yes, I could eat a ton of nuts—but I don’t have the calories for that. Plus I tend to over eat nuts. I have lower abdominal pain with eating things like homemade granola with nuts and seeds, so adding a lot to my diet on purpose won’t end well.

My son has been asking me to make “energy balls”—they sound very similar to @kshama2001 ‘s recipe (I make the kids without protein powder, mine with). But they are WAY TOO DELICIOUS and I can’t stop walking by the fridge and picking one up 😆

Definitely pick up a single bar to try before you buy a whole case of anything from Costco. Taste is very subjective...I tried one of those RX bars, and found it to be one of the most horrible things I have ever tasted.

I liked the RX bars I've tried, but since they are so expensive (do not have a Costco membership), have so few ingredients, and convenience is not a factor for me, I feel like I should be making them myself.

Does anyone have a recipe for a protein snack with egg whites?
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I like RXbars too, only five ingredients. Another good one is Epic, good things like egg white, dates, lemon, almond, no junk.