What are your weekend plans?

Options
bikermike5094
bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
I'm taking the family camping in our tent camper. Going to be hard to eat healthy out of a cooler for 3 days. That and the overnight lows are supposed to be in the upper 30's! Son of a (#^*@%&! thats going to be cold!!!

Replies

• jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Dove hunting and grilling! Hopefully the former supplies the latter.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    On call Friday and Saturday evening... teaching CPR to a church group at the station on Saturday morning. Then picking up a donor CB750 for some parts to add to my Naked Goldwing project. Then working on my wifes 73 Super Beetle... I am excited to have the rare weekend off!!

Oh, and getting my class materials ready for a new class I am teaching (Project Management) next week.....

P90X Kemp X Saturday, and P90X Stretch X on Sunday, 5 rounds with the heavy bag and a bike ride.

Thats all :) Trying to make up for my sedentary classification :)
  • boomboom011
    Options
    heading to san marcos for the weekend to float (lol) the river but considering there isnt much water in our rivers and lakes im sure its going to be a lot of sitting in puddles of water drinking beer.

followed up by some shopping at the outlet malls

then, to repay my little sister and her man-friend for letting me stay with them im going to grill out some steaks.

other than that not much. DH is heading out to go hunting for dove I assume so its just the kids, my momma, little sister and myself.
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Normal stuff, cleaning, working out, taking a nap, etc.
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Going to family picnic Saturday.. Sunday just hanging out around the house.. and grilling out. Monday going to a carnival / festival at park. Expecting to have a challange myselft with the picnic food and drinks. But it is a holiday weekend, right ? Right ! So lets enjoy ! Back to the grind next week. Hope you have a good camping trip... oh yeah... very cold... bring your flannels. :happy:
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    heading to san marcos for the weekend to float (lol) the river but considering there isnt much water in our rivers and lakes im sure its going to be a lot of sitting in puddles of water drinking beer.

followed up by some shopping at the outlet malls

then, to repay my little sister and her man-friend for letting me stay with them im going to grill out some steaks.

other than that not much. DH is heading out to go hunting for dove I assume so its just the kids, my momma, little sister and myself.

San Marcos is a fun float... We took it this summer with the kiddos. Since it's fed by a spring, it should have plenty of water.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I love going camping with my family, but we use a tent. Even in June it gets cold at night outside... keep warm!!

As for us, I work Saturday til early afternoon, then we have some shopping to do. Sunday we are planning on just hanging around the house spending time together until I work that evening. We just moved so we're super busy and getting family time in is important for us.
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    :happy: Job interview today, then headed over to a friend's house to help her rearrange her living rm. No idea about this weekend (due to interview) but i'm sure we'll come up with something. Probably do a little fishing on our friend's new boat or check out the scene downtown bc on the first Sundays of every month everything is pretty much free for locals :happy: A few workouts of course will be managed in somewhere i'm sure, lol. Oh, and sleep in WITH the hubby!
  • georgiag111
    Options
    Shopping for school shoes for the kids, Winter boots and Coats- Also possibly if affordable a new crib for the baby ( shes in a porta- crib right now)

Would also love to get over this sinus infection and get more then 2 hours of sleep
  • illy823
    Options
    Well, the boys will be gone with their dad, so i get to stay with my 18 yr old daughter... Pool, cake decorating class, sleeping, watching lifetime, etc etc etc.... whatever the days bring... I'm not making plans anymore... :)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Friday: Listening to Positively Africa at my favorite coffee house with at least 2 friends I will soon be leaving behind.
    Saturday & Sunday: A mixture of packing and getting together with more of my friends.
    Monday: Relaxing with my kiddos.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning/day - run/walk then laundry and maybe some housekeeping

Saturday night - going to dinner at an asian/indian influence vegetarian restaurant with my besties. I've had lunch there already and thoroughly enjoyed the food. Now I'm looking forward to trying their mead!

Sunday - hubby's b-day so it's his call. He may go fishing with buddies or we may go for a ride.

Monday - should be a mostly lazy day, maybe visit with friends for a few hours
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Gotta date tonight and we're going to Mellow Mushroom. Excited about the feta and pepperoni pizza
    GA Dawgs vs Boise state game tomorrow night
    And on the lake Sunday

Still going to get my workouts in!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Fishing and grilling with hubby and daughters and extended family on our pontoon boat up in Norther Minnesota. Beautiful. Peaceful. WAY too much amazing food cooked with love. Have a great one all.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Nothing tonight, beer festival on Saturday (a very calorific day!) and recovering Sunday!
  • queenofcaffeine
    queenofcaffeine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mike, be sure to pack plenty of fresh fruits and veggies to munch on. You should also pick up some Arnold Sandwich Thins to use for those camping sandwiches :) Have fun!
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    heading out tomorrow afternoon for a few days at Ute Lake, New Mexico! 4 boats, 2 campers, a lake house, and tons of coolers of beer. 59% chance of rain Sunday but we're doing it up anyhow :)
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Tomorrow I am working, on Sunday I am doing all the school work I was supposed to have done in preparation for my return to school on Monday and on Sunday evening I am at a work summer BBQ and party :)
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Working out, visiting my grandfather, food shopping, dropping my grandfather off at church on Sunday, studying for my CNA exam, relaxing.
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Working :-( and Hiking :-)