Creamy Protein MOUSSE, so filling, for 260cal

Options
I'm having this for breakfast. Big mistake. It should be DESSERT. I keep playing around with recipes to find something to satiate my sick appetite for ice cream, and I finally found it.

I usually have cottage cheese for breakfast, with frozen strawberries, sometimes I add granola.

Today I put a twist on breakfast and am :love: :love: :love:

1/2 c. lowfat or nonfat cottage cheese (80cal)
1/2 frozen banana (50cal)
1 scoop Designer Whey Vanilla protein (100cal)
1/2 c. frozen sliced strawberries (25cal)

Puree the hell out of it in your food processor. Your cereal bowl will be full to overflowing. This stuff is as rich, thick, and decadent as any high-fat ice cream, and you get a tummy FULL. I had the audacity to add a sprinkle of kashi granola to the top. Without the granola it was 270cals unless my math is bad, with granola it was 380. And OMG I'll be full for several hours, which is a miracle.

This was the best way I've ever started a weekend. I think it's a good way to end a weekend too. Or power you through the weekend. You get the point!

Enjoy !!!

(Next time I'm going to try it with cottage cheese, protein powder, instant coffee, and frozen banana [omit berries]). Nom nom nom! Starbucks VIA, here I come, coffee mousse!!!! :love: :love:

Replies

• Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    sounds good, but I'm not a fan of cottage cheese. I've been trying to make protein ice cream or pudding, but haven't been very successful. This does sound delicious though, I might have to try it even though I hate cottage cheese lol
  • carymi30
    Options
    Ive never used cottage cheese in recipes. Can you taste it?
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    When you puree cottage cheese, the taste is more of a cheese cake taste... I like it mixed with stuff but not by itself. Sounds yummy OP
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something I need to try! Thanks!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump!! This looks awesome, can't wait to try it!
  • macyshopper
    Options
    I will have to try this, but I cannot do cottage cheese either, but low fat ricotta might be in my recipe. Yummo - thanks for sharing!
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely have to try this! Sounds very yummy
    (Oh, I use the SBucks VIA in my shakes now...It's like drinking a really filling frappaccino for lunch or breakfast!)
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ennaejay
    Options
    You Cottage Cheese haters, I think if you're able to be objective, you would honestly enjoy this. If you puree cottage cheese it gets a very rich, fluffy cream-cheese or sour cream texture. With the vanilla whey protein and fruit, there is NO taste of cottage cheese whatsoever. You have all the benefits without the heaviness of a rich dessert.

It's almost like a fluffy yogurt; a whipped mousse. If you cottage cheese haters try it, do let me know what you think!!! :)
  • JJostesCheng
    Options
    Yum! Bump!:tongue:
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've made puddings with low-fat ricotta that are also delicious -- maybe that's an alternative for the cottage cheese haters out there?