Gym Playlist - Toss Me Some Suggestions

Options
My current gym mix consists of Tool, RATM, Slipknot, Ghost B.C., Pantera, Metallica, Deftones and such. I need to add a few more bands/songs so I’d appreciate any and all suggestions to beef it up! :)

Replies

• richie_g20
    richie_g20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The used
  • johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Nine inch nails
  • johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Rob zombie
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I like anything 80s. I suspect we have different music tastes haha
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am loving Muse again. The Killers, always. Your music seems much harder than my natural inclinations.

White Stripes has some good beats. Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros. There’s some good screamy Smashing Pumpkins that can get me going. And I’ll be really real...Guns N Roses and AC/DC.
  • KY_Angler
    KY_Angler Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I like anything 80s. I suspect we have different music tastes haha

I can totally rock out to some 80s music!

• KY_Angler
    Options
    I am loving Muse again. The Killers, always. Your music seems much harder than my natural inclinations.

White Stripes has some good beats. Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros. There’s some good screamy Smashing Pumpkins that can get me going. And I’ll be really real...Guns N Roses and AC/DC.

I dig Muse but totally forgot about them! Solid suggestions overall!
  • midgetgrl72280
    midgetgrl72280 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like to go with 70's rock, classic type music. Or I'll listen to murder investigation podcasts.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    60s, 70s rock & roll ....and some early 80s... my generation :)
  • Eggplant909
    Eggplant909 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Breaking Benjamin’s, rage against the machine, 3 days grace. Let me know if you try any of these...
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,586 Member
    Options
    Listened to Slipknot, Slayer, and Suicidal Tendencies today. Slayer South of Heaven is a great song. I don't know if you're going to like Suicidal Tendencies but You Can't Bring Me Down and Nobody Hears are good songs. I love Disturbed Voices and Stupify. Marilyn Manson You Spin Me Right Round and Dope's Rebel Yell are good remakes of 80s songs.
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lamb of god i work out to , also soul fly, pantera. Along with others. Mudvain
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    KY_Angler wrote: »

I forgot: Frank Ferdinand, Florence and the Machine, Metric, Metallica is always fun..

Also, in terms of EDM (which I find better for running for cadence), Showtek, Defqon1, Girltalk, Timmy Trumpet.
  • ActionRZ
    ActionRZ Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Christian rock and anything motivating including 80s and country :)
  • KY_Angler
    Options
    I like to go with 70's rock, classic type music. Or I'll listen to murder investigation podcasts.

Thanks for the suggestions! Any particular podcasts I should check out?
  • KY_Angler
    Options
    60s, 70s rock & roll ....and some early 80s... my generation :)

Awesome, thanks!
  • KY_Angler
    Options
    Breaking Benjamin’s, rage against the machine, 3 days grace. Let me know if you try any of these...

I LOVE Rage. Bummed that tickets to see them this summer were so expensive.
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Listened to Slipknot, Slayer, and Suicidal Tendencies today. Slayer South of Heaven is a great song. I don't know if you're going to like Suicidal Tendencies but You Can't Bring Me Down and Nobody Hears are good songs. I love Disturbed Voices and Stupify. Marilyn Manson You Spin Me Right Round and Dope's Rebel Yell are good remakes of 80s songs.

I'm a sucker for a good cover/remake so I'm definitely checking those songs out!
    Lamb of god i work out to , also soul fly, pantera. Along with others. Mudvain

Nice selections!

• midgetgrl72280
    midgetgrl72280 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes My favorite Murder! They are very popular, the girls sound like they are airheads but are really smart. It's kind of amusing. I also listen to Mom's & Murder but that's cause I like the stupid jokes.
  • KY_Angler
    Options
    KY_Angler wrote: »

I forgot: Frank Ferdinand, Florence and the Machine, Metric, Metallica is always fun..

Also, in terms of EDM (which I find better for running for cadence), Showtek, Defqon1, Girltalk, Timmy Trumpet.

Girltalk is amazing! I forgot about him!

I saw Florence and the Machine at a music festival a few years ago and they were incredible live.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    My current playlist... it's pretty random but it includes:
    rage against the machine (this is probably the best for working out IMO)
    korn
    jack white (plus the raconteurs) - only some of his songs though.
    System of a down
    coheed and cambria
    eminem
    missy elliot (older stuff)
    frank ferdinand
    modest mouse
    some marilyn manson

songs that get me in a good mood:
    blue monday
    the man (by the killers)
    Hung up (Madonna)
    only human (jonas brothers)