New here - dealing with hormonal issues + ISO Support

Options
Hey all, I'm new to MFP. In the last year I had an injury that prevented me from working out for some time, and simultaneously went on hormonal birth control, which caused me to rapidly gain weight. Between those two things, I went from around 145 to 178, which is the heaviest I've ever been in my life at 5' 7" - I carry my weight well, but my clothes aren't fitting and I'm not feeling good, so I know it's time to make a change.

Part of my issue is that the hormonal birth control contributed to a candida overgrowth in my body. I crave sugar like crazy now, and I know I am going to have to quit it to get the candida in control. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I should just calorie count and exercise (I predominantly lift, 3-4 days each week), or if I should focus on macros. Macros is hard for me because I feel like I get a little too obsessive and perfectionist, which brings back unhealthy food behaviors, but I do want to pay attention to them at the very least.

Anyway, looking for friends who are on the same path, have any advice, or who are also going to path of cutting out sugar. Trying not to get too in my head about it all and take it on one step at a time...

Best!
Flora

Replies

• alexandramyers
    alexandramyers Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I’ve been cutting out processed foods as much as I can, and focusing on adding more vegetables. I go over my calorie count quite a bit, but I count heavy veggie & natural meals as a win. Good luck on your journey!
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have actually just started a Candida diet. I think I vastly underestimated how this may have caused some of my weight gain. I’m taking a few natural supplements and cutting carbs/ sugar. I can let you know how it goes if you’re interested (I don’t sell anything I promise). Haha