Looking for a Probiotic

Options
I'm in need of a good probiotic. I'm on amoxicillin and it's giving me all sorts of digestive problems on top of the ones I already have. I can't do 4 more days of this.

Can anyone suggest a good probiotic to help soothe my problems?

Thank you!

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Ask your pharmacist. They should have recommendations.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,590 Member
    Options
    I've been on antibiotics multiple times over the past couple years and I go with Digestive Advantage, saccaromyces boulardii, AND culterelle.

This may be overkill but that one time I got c-diff from antibiotics made me not care. :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    My doctor says that the kinds that have to be refrigerated have the most active cultures in them. So if you go to like whole foods or somewhere like that, go to the ones that are stored in the little fridge. Of course these are NOT cheap but in terms of quality, I'm told those are the best.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    I can't do 4 more days of this.

It usually takes longer than that for the probiotic organisms to multiply enough to have an effect. Maybe you should talk to or email your doctor and ask what to do. In the mean time, ask your pharmacist about non-probiotic options for your digestive symptoms.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I've been on antibiotics multiple times over the past couple years and I go with Digestive Advantage, saccaromyces boulardii, AND culterelle.

This may be overkill but that one time I got c-diff from antibiotics made me not care. :)

That happened to my mom, too. She was living with us and it was a literal poop apocalypse! :s