walking pushing a double stroller???

Options
does anybody know how many calories you burn when pushing a double stroller?

i just went on a 20 mintue walk, flat terrain, pushing two kids in the double stroller. it tells me to put in the calories burned but i have no clue!!!

Replies

• kkylstad
    Options
    does anybody know how many calories you burn when pushing a double stroller?

i just went on a 20 mintue walk, flat terrain, pushing two kids in the double stroller. it tells me to put in the calories burned but i have no clue!!!
  • lcn42781
    lcn42781 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Are you putting it into cardio or strength training? There is an exercise listed under the cardio section as 'pushing stroller' and all you have to do it put in the time and it will give you the calories burned.

Hope this helps!
  • kkylstad
    Options
    great, i will try that...thanks.:smile:
  • doglvr_75
    Options
    www.caloriesperhour/com...gives the calories burned per hour for every type activity imaginable...hope this helps:smile:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    If that site doesn't have it try :

http://calorielab.com/burned
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I push a single stroller about 3.5 miles an hour for an hour. It says it's 122 calories an hour for pushing a stroller. Would I add that on top of the walking 3.5 mph for an hour? I know I burn more than 122 calories! :tongue:
  • kkylstad
    Options
    i just went to the website they gave me above and it told me 109 calories burned in 20 mintues at 4mph. mine is a double stroller pushing a 30 lb kid and a 20lb kid so thats why it might be more. but you should be way more then that.
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just got a double stroller the day before yesterday. Im so excited about it. :tongue: I dont know how anyone with two small children can live without it! Just wanted to share :wink:
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I cant figure out why it does that to me all the time. oh well
    :laugh:
  • joyasher
    joyasher Posts: 1
    Options
    The website my fitness expert says 255 calories for 75 + lbs
  • edith_412
    edith_412 Posts: 1
    Options
    how did you do figure that out? im pushing a double stroller with 27lb and 10lb kids. graco double stoller no i dea of weight, but i walk for an hour then try run 20 to 30 mins. i dont know how many calories i burn, but when im done i sweating like crazy!!!
  • aeroback
    aeroback Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump

I have twins and the double stroller.... i have a hard time believing pushing one is like pushing 2! Mine are around 30lbs each and even after 20 minutes outside in 85 degree weather, i am sweating! We need to figure out cals burned..... guess i have to get a hrm!
  • natalienantucket
    natalienantucket Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't understand, when I put in 45 minutes of 'pushing stroller' I burn far less calories than if I put just 45 minutes of regular walking (I walk a 15 minute pace, for three miles)...Like by half. (Around 300 without, only about 164 with the stroller)
    I am pushing AT LEAST 60 lbs worth of children plus the stroller, so this makes NO sense.
    How can I be burning half the amount of calories while pushing about 100 lbs more weight? Maybe someone needs to look into it?

EDIT: Unless you add the 'pushing stroller' on top of the walking?
  • jyuhaze923
    jyuhaze923 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the Nike Shoes that work with my ipod to track distance/speed and calories burned. When I take my two kids on a walk it tells me the calories I burn, but it has no way of including pushing the stroller. When I use the "pushing stroller" exercise listed it is always LESS then what my shoes tell me. Should I ADD that to the calories burned walking?
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I suggest the runtastic app if you have a smartphone. That way you will know the speed and distance.