Are you a prelogger or do you log as you go?

124»

Replies

• helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    I do a mix. I meal prep my lunches for the week and log them when I make them (I usually put different quantities in each day's box depending on my workouts for that day so it helps to log it as I dish them out) and I sometimes pre-log other things, but most of the time I only decide on an evening meal when I get home and know what I've already eaten during the day so I log it as I cook.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    I'm a combo kind of guy, depends on if I want to know where I'm going to be so I can plan something. If not then I just log as I go. I'll be honest too I do sometimes end up doing extra exercise to fit something in last minute too.
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    I do both. If I know I have a special meal or an event I will pre log. Then I know what I can eat for the rest of the day. Personally I think you should do what works best for you and your lifestyle. I see positives for both ways. Pre logging can help you plan your calories for a few days or even a week. Be flexible! Make choices you can live with.
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 143 Member
    I like to pre-log in the morning. I like knowing that what I'll be eating fits in my meal plan.
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    I log as I go. I find that if I prelog and decide to change my mind I have to go in a delete and resub. So I like logging as I go easier for me.
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Kind of half and half. In the morning I'll log breakfast/lunch/sometimes dinner as I know what I'm having but will log snacks as I go along or update if I've changed my main meals for any reason.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    I plan ahead mentally on Sunday (and meal prep) but I actually log each day the morning of that day. I can always tweak as the day goes along, but I like knowing how many calories I have left and what I can play around with.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Even if you do log as you go along I'd still highly recommend that you put the food into your log before it crosses your lips.

It's much better to log food and go "Woah! Better not eat that" than it it to log food and go "Whoah! Man I wish I hadn't eaten that".
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    I prelog my breakfast, lunch, snack Mon - Fri as I know exactly what I'm eating. Breakfast is always a mug of tea and granola bar, Lunch is leftovers from the night before, Snacks consist of jerky, drink mix, and chewing gum. Its only on the weekend that I log as I go.
  • gentledreams
    gentledreams Posts: 10 Member
    I meal prep Monday to Friday so on Sunday I log everything for those 5 days, but I might swap dinners around a bit or add or subtract a snack as I go. I just think it's easier as I already know what I am going to eat anyway as I already cooked it, so might as well log it. As for the weekends I try and pre log in the morning for the whole day, but it depends how I'm feeling really.