Macros

Options
New to tracking macros. On a 1000 cal/day plan 30% protein would be 75 g per day. Am I doing the math right? Seems like a lot but I dont want to be losing muscle..I'm running a 5k several times a week and strength training. 5' 2.5" inch female

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Where did you get the calorie goal of 1,000? That's way too little for someone who is running 5k several times a week. If you don't want to lose muscle, you've got to make sure you're eating enough to support your muscle mass.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    clsabat wrote: »
    New to tracking macros. On a 1000 cal/day plan 30% protein would be 75 g per day. Am I doing the math right? Seems like a lot but I dont want to be losing muscle..I'm running a 5k several times a week and strength training. 5' 2.5" inch female

If you're only eating 1000 cal/day and running 5Ks several times a week, there really isn't any amount of protein and strength training that's going to protect you from muscle loss.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I am guessing this is a new plan because that level of eating would not support your life and activity for long (3+ weeks) without resulting in severe fatigue.

If you are currently listening to your body and it feels fine then you are making decisions off of a very faulty conclusion. We are well designed to thrive in short periods of low nutrition. Think about it. If we felt highly fatigued at the first sign of under eating how would we then go about our daily tasks and acquire more food?

If you are really only eating 1k calories your body is cannibalizing itself to keep you out there running. It hopes you are chasing food. Please don't disappoint it for much longer.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    starving yourself is not a long term success plan. Up the calories!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    It hopes you are chasing food.

Lol, this is brilliant, Novus.