Stuck at certain weight

Hi all I've been counting my calories for 6 weeks now, on my first weigh in I lost 7lbs but I haven't lost anything since. I exercise every day burning at least 1000 calories every day. My calorie intake is 1200 a day. I'm 49 years old, 5ft 1 and 14st 7lbs. What am I doing wrong? I'm beginning to lose hope!!

Replies

• Cmoneybby
    Cmoneybby Posts: 30 Member
    I’m also stuck at my current weight, workout 5 days a week, burn 1-1500 calories, eat only 1200. Been a month and I haven’t lost a thing
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    edited February 2020
    The same questions I asked the original poster also apply to you.

In addition to them, @Cmoneybby , it might be beneficial if you let us know your approximate current stats and goal weight as well as your starting stats.

If you ladies provide the information we may manage to offer some insight into some of the issues that may be in play.

In all probability there will be more than one issue in play.
  • got2bjb
    got2bjb Posts: 18 Member
    That happened to me as well! Stick with it because once you break it. The rest usually comes off pretty fast. Your body wants to stay at that weight and will fight you! I stayed at 195 for almost 3 Months. and Almost gave up from pure frustration!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Cmoneybby wrote: »
    I’m also stuck at my current weight, workout 5 days a week, burn 1-1500 calories, eat only 1200. Been a month and I haven’t lost a thing

So you're saying you're only eating 1000kal per day, and working out for 1000-1500kcal on 5 days a way and you kept this up for 4 weeks at least? What you're telling us is that you're staying in bed for 5 days, not doing anything and not eating anything. Notice that something is off here?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    How are you getting to that 1000 calories burned by exercise? Are you just looking at the number being spit out by a treadmill? Are you wearing a heart rate monitor?
  • loubetinsley1
    loubetinsley1 Posts: 2 Member
    I hike every day I use map my walk and it tells me calories burned, steps etc.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Of course, the website/personal food page is down for Maintenance for me right now - but the facts remain that there are either Exercise estimation problems or food logging problems.

Stop using Map My Walk and start using some other method of exercise estimation. I would suggest 300 calories per hour for a moderate paced walk at your weight (say, 3 MPH.)

Here's the how to for logging:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

And...the ever helpful flow chart:

jgvus21xw680.jpg

• Choppdogg777
    Choppdogg777 Posts: 61 Member
    Maybe your building muscle from your workout and toning up..
    Try doing more cardio, Get your heart rate up more, look into the HIIT WORKOUT that may help

• Choppdogg777
    Choppdogg777 Posts: 61 Member
    Hi all I've been counting my calories for 6 weeks now, on my first weigh in I lost 7lbs but I haven't lost anything since. I exercise every day burning at least 1000 calories every day. My calorie intake is 1200 a day. I'm 49 years old, 5ft 1 and 14st 7lbs. What am I doing wrong? I'm beginning to lose hope!!

Dont put 100% confidence in those calorie counters there not exactly correct
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    I don't necessarily have a problem with 1000 Cal burned during a multi hour hike as a gross calories amount that includes daily living.

In other words 1000 is not the net amount that should be added to the eating goal, which, since it's not getting added doesn't really change anything

The usual issues for people starting up are:

-- scale confusion between nonfat weight changes colloquially known as water weight, and weight changes caused by fat level changes... which is what we're after.

Usual advice is to place scale on hard and unyielding surface, measure at similar times and conditions before eating and drinking, plug numbers into weight trend website or app and observe the weight trend not your daily scale fluctuation.

-- logging confusion which either doesn't include everything every day, sometimes skips things such as, variably, cold or hot drinks, condiments, fruits and vegetables, spices, items that we've been told are zero-calorie (which in quantity they are not), and in general all the problems associated with not weighing and logging before eating, as well as the choice of database entries.

Beyond that most plans have to be fully adhered to at least 4-6 weeks, so as to include comparisons between similar points in hormonal cycles since they promote water retention, and then people can make judgments based on how their reasonably defined goals are progressing. .