New here! Keto advice please!

Hello! New here but not new to the weight loss journey. I've lost close to 70 pounds since March of 2019 doing keto! My weight loss so far is amazing but these last 30 pounds I want to lose are killing me! I've been pretty much stalled or up and down since the end of December/January. Any advice? Thanks!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Maybe look into carb cycling....it helped me in the past ...good luck
  • SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    How does carb cycling work?
  • ofthegirl10
    ofthegirl10 Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you, I'll look into that!
  • jtce02
    jtce02 Posts: 59 Member
    Intermittent fasting with low carb is a good option. Takes a little getyused to but the results are impressive
  • ofthegirl10
    jtce02 wrote: »
    Intermittent fasting with low carb is a good option. Takes a little getyused to but the results are impressive

Yes, I have been doing that throughout my weight loss as well. Thank you!
  • mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member
    WOW!! Way to go!!! That's a huge accomplishment.

My friend turned me onto Keto after she lost 45 pounds. I lost 15 pounds doing it and am ready to start it up again. Any tips or wisdom that you have?
  • ofthegirl10
    Thank you!

Everyone is different but I always tracked my macros, especially in the beginning. Once I was comfortable with what I was able to eat I did stop. I started again to see if I was missing something with my current stall. I drink a lot of water and don't forget to include electrolytes. I know this isn't advised but I have weighed myself daily, this is so I can narrow down and eliminate certain things if I gain or stall for a while and that has worked for me.

Any questions, let me know :)
  • tasweet68
    tasweet68 Posts: 1 Member
    Intermittent Fasting will help you break through that plateau. Plus, there many other health benefits. Thomas DeLauer is a Keto guy that has a lot of tasty morsels in his vlogs that might pique your interest.(How To Do Intermittent Fasting: Complete Guide)
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Hello! New here but not new to the weight loss journey. I've lost close to 70 pounds since March of 2019 doing keto! My weight loss so far is amazing but these last 30 pounds I want to lose are killing me! I've been pretty much stalled or up and down since the end of December/January. Any advice? Thanks!

once i lost 30 pounds, the safe rate of loss for my goal weight is just half a pound a week.
    while it feels like my loss rate has stalled, when i look at the longer term trend line over 3 or 6 months, I can see that 1/2# coming off.....slooooooowly but surely.

with just a 1/2# worth of calorie reduction, it is incredibly simple to over eat and truly be in a stalled situation.
    this makes my success even more dependent on diligent and consistent use of a food scale and logging what I eat.

while i do also weigh myself daily, i allow for a few pounds of difference on either side of current weight trend, because of the variable nature of foods, my consumption thereof and the activity i take part in.

I gave myself 3 years to lose 60 pounds, knowing the first half would be the easier chunk, and the last half the hardest. I'm halfway to goal, both in weight loss and time to achieve.

good luck to you and good fitness to us all!
    good luck to you!