Yummy, low calorie snack anyone???

Options
I just enjoyed a nice snack. Better than cookies and HoHos...LOL.

Green Giant Corn & Peas in Basil Butter Sauce - Serves one.

Calories 80
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 360mg 15%
Total Carbohydrate 14g 5%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 5g
Protein 4g

Replies

• blue4myeyes
    blue4myeyes Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That sounds good. I am going to look for it!

My FAVORITE low calorie snacks are weight watchers dark chocolate raspberry bars (they are seriously amazing) and baked tostitos with salsa. Mmmmmmmm....
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Kosher pickles!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    To me calories are a unit of how good food tastes. Fewer calories = Less flavour. that's why id rather eat 1 mini mars bar over 2 rice cakes :D
  • sincereme
    Options
    To me calories are a unit of how good food tastes. Fewer calories = Less flavour. that's why id rather eat 1 mini mars bar over 2 rice cakes :D

Surprising enough - Low Calories in this = Yumminess...lol.. Very tasty!
  • militarywife100
    Options
    I LOVE SUGAR SNAP PEAS! i always have them in my crisper! They have a crunch so it will satisfy for "chip" craving,... and theyre sweet so it satisfies you sugar craving...
    also the special k snack bars are really good and they only have 90 cals per bar
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    My go to snacks are:

apples
    low-calorie hot cocoa (yummm...)
    low cal/carb tortilla with spray butter & garlic
    egg whites
    hard candy
    :)
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

1. Frozen banana, skim milk, spoon of cocoa put it all in the blender for a low cal yummy shake. (mix it up with frozen strawberries)

2. Dried mangos or apricots

3. Sorbet

4. Dryer's all fruit Popsicles (45 cal)
  • mhaskin
    Options
    I also love sugar snap peas.....they are my favorite. I also keep Crispy minis in the cupboard for when I need "chips", and PC honey braided pretzels (sweet and crunchy). Watermelon is another staple in my fridge.
  • colorfulenergy
    Options
    a few of my snack foods - when I really feel like nacho's - I use PC hemp & sesame seed tortilla chips - they are so tasty and you can have 36 chips per serving - low fat cheese and salsa. Love them better then regular ones.

I also LOVE cookies and since I have been controlling my sugars, I do not need sweets like before. When I still have that little craving, I will eat Thinaddictives almond & cranberry - you get 4. Also, preventia has a really good snack cookie in a small 100 calorie bag.

Since watching everything especially my sugars and carbs since May - I have brought my sugars down to normal range and lost 18 lbs. Don't fool yourself snacking can still have lots of flavour you just have to try new things.