Quick breakfast ideas needed please! 😊

Options
I am looking for some quick and easy breakfast ideas. But not a fan of overnight oats. Work out 4 times a week early morning, so need something filling to!
Thanks
Liz

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I never know what to suggest in these threads because most breakfast food seems pretty quick to me.

Scrambled eggs and toast

If you need quicker how about pre-boiled and peeled eggs with toast?

Peanut butter on a bagel.

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Avocado on Toast with over medium egg on top. Filling and great pre-workout food
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Egg sandwich, omelet (you can prechop ingredients), sandwich of any kind, leftovers from the last day or two... keep in mind that 'breakfast' doesn't have to be what we tend to see as 'breakfast food'. It's just food that breaks the nightly fast.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,919 Member
    Options
    Egg sandwich, omelet (you can prechop ingredients), sandwich of any kind, leftovers from the last day or two... keep in mind that 'breakfast' doesn't have to be what we tend to see as 'breakfast food'. It's just food that breaks the nightly fast.

Yes, leftovers are indeed a very fast breakfast.

I also keep a few 300 ish calorie burritos in the freezer for days I have morning meetings.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I love homemade trail mix so that I can control the ratios of my ingredients. The one I make uses roasted salted edamame because it’s higher-protein than a lot of other trail mix ingredients I see.

I like to do:

15 g roasted salted edamame
    20 g nuts (almonds are my fave)
    15 g granola (store-bought or homemade)

I usually make 5 ziplocks of these each Sunday for my weekday breakfasts.